Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a second controller

Steelers95

I just got my second controller and Im not sure how to add it onto the computer. I know that I need to run an Ethernet cable between the two but that's about all I know. Can anyone help me out?

I believe you hook it up to computer by itself like You did with original controller. when you set it up set the unit id to 02. You can go to you tube and search for listen to my lights. John Storms has a short video on how to set unit ID's.

Depending on what type of controller you got, Showtime Pro or Residential, would determine the exact process for setting the ID of the controller.

If it's a residential controller (in a plastic enclosure) then you do need to hook it up to your USB485 via a CAT5 cable, and change the ID of the controller to something else. (02 for example.)

Then when you use the controller in your display, the two controllers would be connected via a CAT5 cable.

If you have a Showtime Pro, in a metal enclosure, then you would use the buttons on the device to change the ID of the controller.

Be sure you create 16 new channels with the 2nd Unit ID in your sequences.

forgot to mention this earlier but it is a Its a residential controller, thanks for reminding me don.

Remember to only connect your new controller via adapter to change the unit number. After that as Don said, connect unit #1 then connect unit #2 to unit #1 with the cat5, and you're off and running.