Light-O-Rama Forums

Flawless Installation Fully Functional

Tom B.

Though this might help some make the transistion ... a simple survey ...

Also, a suggestion ... perhaps "feature requests" at this time would be a bit premature ... and, likely not to happen. Might be better to focus on "best practice" techniques for using the software. As well as "how to's" for the current release for awhile.

Good luck everyone!

T.

The animation window is a bit touchy but workable. The resizing of your picture disappears and reappears. some sizes is doesnt show up at all others do. could be the image (?) but like I said its workable.

Dan?

On the main support page are you starting a thread for gamma? I see the one for beta. Just curious. Thanks

after findind out that the music has to be under my documents i was able to play the sequences (had to create my own folder there...didnt automatically do it and it didnt say to do it anywhere i saw, found out when dan mentioned it in another thread)

BUT the sequences and the music were WAY off as far as timing goes, so since im 6 days 8 hours and 33 minutes from lighing im not going to bother with keeping II running and downgraded to I...ill work on it after the season

installed with out a flaw on my develpment computer. Minor issue with resolution of some of the pop-up windows. Mostly the Fade tool and the Intensity tool. The appear to be in a strange font and will not display all or most of the test inside them. No adjusting the size.

Running 1280x1040 resolution, dual video cards, dual video outs.. One DVI the other Component out. Issues on both monitors so I am rulling out monitors or video cards.

Other than that this software ROCKS... I knew it would be great, but my gosh. I'm so excited after just playing around for a few hours with it. ... sorry, have to wipe the drool off my chin.... This is great.

Parts of my sequence seem to be slightly off from the timing also. Other parts of the sequence appear to be right on. I haven't played with it though, just installed LOR II and then pulled up my sequence.

Denny wrote:

Parts of my sequence seem to be slightly off from the timing also. Other parts of the sequence appear to be right on. I haven't played with it though, just installed LOR II and then pulled up my sequence.

i figured id give it another try so i changed all my songs to wavs and now all but 3 are good...off by about 1/2 a second but STILL very noticable...how can i take that 1/2 a sec off the begining? seems like the music starts 1/2 sec earlier

johnny christmas wrote:

after findind out that the music has to be under my documents i was able to play the sequences (had to create my own folder there...didnt automatically do it and it didnt say to do it anywhere i saw, found out when dan mentioned it in another thread)

BUT the sequences and the music were WAY off as far as timing goes, so since im 6 days 8 hours and 33 minutes from lighing im not going to bother with keeping II running and downgraded to I...ill work on it after the season

Johnny,

This is interesting. When you install LOR 2 it should move the music of your already saved files. Actually, moved is a bad word. It should copy the music and the sequences over to the new default location.

Greg

Ponddude
My guess this is a two computer issue. I have a working computer and a laptop for the show. When copying the sequences to the show computer you also have to copy the songs then when you pull up your sequence you have to place the songs with the sequence.

As for the music being a half second behind. No one ever reported that. However, as was and I assume still is the case with LORI when you start a song during sequencing it ca be off. The solution I found to that was to move the visable screen back a tenth or so and it starts right on the money.

I might add that I did three songs for different coro projects and another project with just voice overs and found it to be spot on each and every time.

One thing though is I only use wav music. No MP3 or anything else but wave. Found it much easier for me to work with several years ago. So unless someone is using the MP3 Director then maybe would be worth a try for them.

i fixed the timing off thing by using the "generate silence" tool in audacity...i opened LOR II and counted how many 10ths it was off and added that silence to the beginning of the audio and now its fits perfectly...i just messaged dan about it so he can add it to his issues thread

and greg, if it did copy the audio to my documents i have no idea where it did so i did it manually...so far all but 2 of my songs are off in timing but ill have that fixed in 5 minutes

I'm having the same problem. I tried to delete a few seconds by using the "resize timing to..", but that doesn't work like it did in LOR I. When I make a section smaller at the beginning of the song, it resizes that section, but doesn't pull the entire sequence over to the left with it. This is definitely a problem for me. May have to go back to LOR I.

Amie wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I tried to delete a few seconds by using the "resize timing to..", but that doesn't work like it did in LOR I. When I make a section smaller at the beginning of the song, it resizes that section, but doesn't pull the entire sequence over to the left with it. This is definitely a problem for me. May have to go back to LOR I.
open the song in audacity and lor II...play it in LOR II and see how off it is...then go into audacity click on the generate tab at the top then click silence...a window will pop up asking how many seconds you want to add (make sure the cursor is at the VERY beginning of the song)...if your layout is set to 1/10 timing and it starts 5 squares early then youll put in .5 as the amount of silence to add...click ok and youre set...export as a wav file then go into LOR II click on edit>media and find the song you just edited and select...timing should be back on track...and also make sure all your songs are in a folder in my documents...it wont work if its in program files

I started a new folder called LOR II and moved all my sequences and audio files there. Then when installing LOR II I changed the default location to the new file. This way I only have songs in the folder for LOR that I am using in the light show.

When installing the upgrade, the last command said click "Next" However there was no next button, only "Finish" and "Cancel" when I clicked "Finish" it froze. I tried to start the sequence editor but it said "Not Installed Correctly" (or something along those lines) I re-ran the upgrade installer which only took about 5 seconds and it completed fine. Started LOR II and it has been running flawless.

I then started each of my 8 sequences, completed in LOR I and ran through each one. I wanted to make sure that there was no timing issues. The sequences run from 50 seconds to 4 minutes long. 1 song was off by about 1-2 seconds from the very beginning, the rest were perfect. Now here's the funny part. I went back to the "off" song (2nd song I tested) to attempt to correct the timing......it was perfect!! Every mark was on time through the entire song.
I started the program over (multiple times) re-ran each sequence, even re-started the computer and every song is still dead on time.

I thought that was odd, since I didn't make any changes, or save any sequence until I went through everyone. If there was some issues I would just stay with LOR I and play with LOR II on another computer.

Was it a fluke? Or does LOR II have auto correcting features I didn't read about???
What ever the case I am pleased with the upgrade.

Scott

Ok I had no problem with install and function of the soft wear s o far, but just a question for now, the songs that are in my music, isnt there sopost to be a file there called lor or light-o-rama and the music in that file? I dont have that or is there more then one my music on my pc?

By the way Robin and Jeff, you guys are so right other then a little spin up time to get used to all the new stuff in here its pretty much easy just takes some time to get a handle on everything you can do now. im not worried to much about knowing all the new features right off the bat ,then is the season goes on i can take my time with what id like to get a handle on. what i work like to talk about is the uv wizard, i seem to like this alot and im sure there is a lot more then meets the eye that can be done with it. can anybody give a more detailed post on the things you can do. or pm me, i love to talk about it.

all and all so far i love it. to all the naa sayers you are missing out WOW:D, jump in it doesn't hurt.

Ralph

ok i did it i made a light-o-rama folder inside my music and everything is good gamma picks it up perfect. god i love this.........wooo ha! take that AL! Opps did i say that,lol

Except for the timing issues and not being able to add or remove additional time to the sequence, I love the new tools. It fixes so many issues that drove me crazy with LOR I. It's worth upgrading just for the UNDO/REDO feature. And the channel grid is fantastic! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Amie wrote:

Except for the timing issues and not being able to add or remove additional time to the sequence, I love the new tools. It fixes so many issues that drove me crazy with LOR I. It's worth upgrading just for the UNDO/REDO feature. And the channel grid is fantastic! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

dont try to adjust the timing of the SEQUENCE...add silence to the beginning of the AUDIO using audacity

johnny christmas wrote:

...add silence to the beginning of the AUDIO using audacity

...or the audio editor of your choice.