Light-O-Rama Forums

Wedding 'Bistro' Lights

roach.dan@gmail.com

Ola everyone. My wife is a wedding coordinator and I have been brought in on numerous occasions to do lighting. No programming yet just wrapping trees and doing C9 overhead hangs. Problem is her new bride want's bistro lights from what I can tell these are the G40 or G50 bulbs. My wife not knowing much about lights said no problem. Well my problem is I have 30,000 LED C9's and no G anythings. She found some online but they were incadescent with glass bulbs or incadesent with plastic either way WAYYYYYYY too much power to be comfortable with the venue having the watts available to power the whole thing.

Has anyone explored the event lighting side of things?

If so how would you attack it planning wise without knowing power available?

The last wedding I did was complete the day before and beautiful. Until they brought in a kegerator that was plugged into my same power source. Tripped the breaker and I had to run some last minute extension cords to get it going before the guest arrived. I can just imagine what I would have needed not using 100% warm white LED C'9's. Hope someone can help

You might want to look into pixels. With your current question...you can find G40 globes that will run off of 12 or 5 volts. If you're not programming to music then a simple animation sequence will get you the colors you would need for any event.

Thanks for the links and advice. Your spot on they are pricey in the states and to find what SHE wants on alibaba is a shot in the dark. The link you provided was for color changing ones and she is pretty set on them being the big ones like in your first link. I just dont want to drop a couple $1,000 on lights that I wont use for Christmas haha

Aliexpress color changing.... wasn't the original link I clicked on.  There are solid color LED on the site, found some warm white LED while searching for G50 LED. 

BUT I think you need to go Henry Ford on the bride.... she can have a canopy of any type of light she wants....as long as they are C9 LED!!!!  Besides, if you hang a few thousand of them, no one is going to say, "HEY! Those aren't Bistro Lights!!!!"  They're suppose to be looking at the bride, not the lights.  Only a crazy Christmas light person would walk around staring at the lights.....I know I do.

Go RGB and offer to match the bridesmaids gowns or the color of her eyes or whatever. Bistro lights are so yesterday.

• The topic was locked