Light-O-Rama Forums

Will not play musical sequence

jimpwa

When I try to play a musical sequence a message comes up and says "cannot find media file". I can play the song with the media player version 11. It will play an animation, but not a music sequence. Also the song will play with the beat wizard.

I tried that a couple of times, it goes to the right song, when I save it, it does the same thing. The song will play with the beat and vu wizard.

So are you saying it will not play after you saved it except in the beat wizzard?

Is this a program you transfered from LOR I?

If so then edit, media and then save should work.

What operating system are you using? XP, 2000, VISTA

had the same problem...create a folder in my documents called audio and copy and paste your songs there and then under edit click media file go to my documents then audio and select the song...then itll work

Robin wrote:

Sorry I assumed everyone kept their songs in a different folder. In fact, I do not store my songs on the computer at all but an external hard drive instead. Then go there to pull up the songs.

I had my songs in a folder on the desktop. the new folder is on the desktop too. But I did noitice that in the old folder there was a copy of the songs I was using with a different file extention. That could have had something to do with it.

Everything else is backed up on an external hard drive, including the LOR1 files.

johnny christmas wrote:

what worked?
Copying the songs to a different folder, then going to edit, media and using the song in the new folder

• 2 months later...

I just downloaded S2 for the first time today. I got Gamma version 2.0.12.

I had the same problem "Cannot find media file...." My audio files were in "My Documents""Light-O-Rama""Audio", which translated into "C:Documents and Settings...." on my Windows XP Pro system to which I'm logged in as a domain user. Here's what solved the problem:

1. I made a new folder.
  2. I moved (not copied) the MP3 file to the new folder.
  3. I used "Edit" -> "Media File" to find the new location. (It worked.)
  4. I moved (not copied) the MP3 file back to its original location in Light-O-RamaAudio.
  5. I used "Edit" -> "Media File" again to find the current (old) location.
  6. I saved the sequence.

Now it works. I suspect there's a bug in the importing of a LOR1 sequence.

Steven wrote:

Now it works. I suspect there's a bug in the importing of a LOR1 sequence.

I don't think there is a bug in the importing of LOR I files. There is however a bug when playing a file that has the archive bit cleared. I had this same problem back in November when LOR II was first available. Here is the thread - http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/15345.html
The problem was caused by the archive bit not being set on the file. The backup program I'm using resets this after the file is backed up. Even though you could select the file in LOR II as the media file, it would not play and display the error. This problem is 100% repeatable and can duplicated or corrected with the following steps:
1. Browse to the location of the audio file - usually My DocumentsLight-O-RamaAudio.
2. Right-click on the file, select 'Properties', then 'Advanced'
3. See if the 'File is ready for archiving' box is checked.
If unchecked, LORII will not be able to play it and you will get the "Cannot find media file' error. Select this box and everything should work fine.
By moving the file to a different location, Windows reset this attribute. This is more than likely the reason your procedure corrected the problem. What backup program are you using?
Mark

Mark Steele wrote:

What backup program are you using?

I'm using amanda.org with samba. I wouldn't have thought of that, but yes, I believe this combination will clear the archive bit, and it doesn't surprise me that Windows will set the archive bit when moving a file. I guess this is a known bug then.