Light-O-Rama Forums

System requirements?

aegault

I can't seem to find anything on the LOR store site.

We're a apple household so I'm going to have to get a PC (laptop) for run LOR.

I found some old requirements on the boards, but does anyone know more recent info? I'm sure their software runs in Windows 8- but I'm hoping to have a modest (ie CHEAP) laptop that can handle this work.

Thanks!

From what i have read here and elsewhere, you can use the cheapest or oldest you have or can get your hands on. Many are using old pentiums. I have a 4 year old Intel I5 that seems to handle everything just fine!

OR you can use Parallels and put windows on your mac?

I use Parallels to sequence on my Mac.

To play the show, I wouldn't use an expensive mac, but get a PC for $150 or less (at Overstock.com).

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a cheap laptop off of ebay. Hard drive isn't working well so seller is supposed to be sending me a new one. I'm working on it- just saving everything to google drive at the same time.

Unless you need it to be portable, you can get much better price/performance from a desktop unit. I bought a fairly powerful small form factor computer with an AMD Athlon II x2 3.0GHz Processor, 8GB of DDR3 Memory, 750GB Hard Drive, DVD-ROM Optical Drive, Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) from Overstock.com for $266.99.