Light-O-Rama Forums

The RGB-Flood-10W Question

NJJohn

Let me apologize in advance if I placed this in the wrong section or if it has been asked and answered before but I have searched and was unable to find it....so if I missed something, just please pint me to it. Now with that said, here are my questions:

1. I am thinking about purchasing the RGB-Flood-10W flood set that LOR is offering but I am curious as to what to 10w led's equate to in an incandescent bulb (for instance is it a bright as a 40w, 60w, 75w etc.)?

2. Will they be bright enough to illuminate a two story house (realizing I will need to space them closer than the 100w shots I am using now)?

3. How does RGB differ from the CCD's?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

John

With that said, they are not very directional and they wouldn't provide the best coverage for the second story of your home.  To cover the whole house, you'd need to get something with a much narrower bean angle.  ray Wu sells some awesome wall washers that do just this.

Marsh28, thank you for the information.  Love the video.  Just so I understand you correctly, these are the lights that are in the windows but not illuminating the front of the house.  Do I understand that correctly?

John

Its been awhile. But I believe that CCD is Charge Coupled Device. Commonly used as the light sensing device for cameras (electronic film).

Edited by Max-Paul

Marsh28, thank you for the information.  Love the video.  Just so I understand you correctly, these are the lights that are in the windows but not illuminating the front of the house.  Do I understand that correctly?

John

Correct.  The lights on the house are 6 36 watt wall wash lights.

Its been awhile. But I believe that CCD is Charge Coupled Device. Commonly used as the light sensing device for cameras (electronic film).
Max, I was referring to Cosmic Color Devices. I have seen LOR use that designation.

John

Correct.  The lights on the house are 6 36 watt wall wash lights.

Love the video. You said you use 6 wall wash lights, are those LOR also how far away are you from the house with the lights? and how wide is the front of your house?........Reason for asking I'm planning on doing something similar the front of my house, and it is approx 70'  do you think 6 would do it or would I need more?

Marsh,    Your video is impressive.   We're running Qty:6 10W and Qty:30W and cant get nearly the light you seem to.  We just finished up our first year so take pity on the video.  This was the first time we had to view it on the house, but it's representative of our results with 10W lights.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OUwQ4nbQAw

I'm looking at either upgrading to higher wattage or adding a slew of additional floods for this year.    We're always open minded for improvement tips if anyone has any. 

Max, I was referring to Cosmic Color Devices. I have seen LOR use that designation. John

Sorry, been looking at IP security cameras lately and must have had my mind still on that.

I ordered a sample order from Ray which included a 10w LED flood and a 30W led Flood. The 30W is much brighter, but I am using that for the Tall Side of the house (40ft) I've tested both and like both- even though I found a set of stage lights that were really cool also, just needed to be waterproofed. Decided to put the stage lights into the home theater as the channels on those are really goofy...DMX1 is power and strobe, 2-4 is RGB. UG

LOR is working on a 50 watt RGB flood but hasn't announced it for sale yet. FYI

• Like 1

If you're trying to light the second story from the ground, I  would suggest a 30w or larger.  I would hold out for LOR's 50w as mentioned.