Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor

Mike G

I didn't have a problem downloading the new upgrade and it seemed to install properly, but when I go to open the sequence editor I get "please wait while windows configured light-o-rama" I get this for quite a long time and then finally the editor comes up. Then anything I try to do in the editor I get the same thing all over again! So I exited out of the editor back to my desktop. I then opened the editor again, and the same ting! "please wait while windows configures light-o-rama" and it takes forever for the sequence editor to come up.

How do you start the Sequence Editor?

If you're starting it from the "recently used programs" list in your Start menu, try starting it instead from "All Programs / Light-O-Rama".

I have tried it from both and it still does the same thing. I even uninstalled and started from scratch and it does the same thing with a fresh install.

How about trying it from the directory instead of from the Start Menu?

So, open up Windows Explorer, and go to the directory LOR was installed in (typically C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama). Double-click on LORSequenceEditor.exe.

Another option:

Can you get the LOR Control Panel running?

If so, right-click on its icon in your computer's system tray, and select "Sequence Editor" from the menu that pops up.

Bob,

I tried running from the directory, same problem. I tried a fresh install, same proplem. It doesn't matter what I select I still get that same pop up "please wait while windows configured light-o-rama". It even does it when I try and open the control panel for LOR. I also have LOR installed on my laptop, but I'm hesitant to upgrade to LOR II this close to showtime.

I'm having the same problem, seems either the sequence editor or the hardware utility get "stuck" and keep running through a loop of trying to initialize - waiting forever does nothing, reboot or running from different directories didn't help - but if I click cancel like 10 times to break the loop the editor or hardware utility finally open and work just fine.

I'm a bit nervous to try "fixing" anything since it works well once finally open, and my show starts Thursday evening... but this post is the closest to my problem so we'll see what happens.

What operating systems are you two running?

Do you have multiple accounts on the machine? If so, are you running it as a non-administrator? If so, what happens if you run it as administrator?

Thanks.

Bob,

I have only one account and I am running XP home with service pack 2. I do have HP drivers installed for my printer. I can also get it to open clicking cancel numerous times, but I have to do this everytime I try to use LOR II.

The HP thing seems like a long shot, and I honestly don't know why it would matter, but I googled around a bit and found other people with this problem (for various programs other than Light-O-Rama), and some of them said it was resolved after they uninstalled (or, I think, reinstalled) their HP printer drivers.

I am also using XP home, single user, no HP drivers. I upgraded from 1.6.1. I have also turned off my virus software but that didn't help. I'll check to see if there are any other old LOR files that might be confusing things for version 2.0 - but kinda worried about deleting anything just because it is working after I cancel out of the "loop" issue.