Light-O-Rama Forums

How to attach RGB strips to Brick

marsh28

I will be attaching 2811 vertical strips to the brick façade of my house.  Although I've seen other people use Brick Clips.  However, these clips won't work for my house as the mortar is flush with the brick and there is no place to "clip" the brick to.  Any other ideas that might work?

I am attaching about 100 feet of strip to brick - however it is a permanent installation. I don't know if that will work for you. All of my strip is the type that has the rectangular tube surrounding the strip. What I did was to glue the strip to the brick with GE Silicon II sealer. Just run a bead of the silicon along the back of the tube and press it into place. I found that at the beginning of a strip, I apply the silicon to 6 or 8 inches of the beginning of the strip and hold it in place for a couple minutes and then if able I clamp it in place. If unable to clamp it, I hold it for at least 5 minutes and then be careful not to pull on it for a while. After the beginning of the strip is in place, I can apply the silicon to about an 18 inch section and hold it in place for 30 seconds or so and then move onto the next section. Once the end of the strip is placed, I clamp it for a while.

If your brick is fairly smooth type you could use command strips and then zip it the RGB strips to keep them in place this would work as a temporary fix say for your display season but not for a permanent instillation ..........the strips come off with no residue left on the brick