Light-O-Rama Forums

For those that know me or have followed me over the years

caniac

As most of you know, the motivation for my shows has always come from the single mom accross the road and her 5 year old son.  over the years they have spent countless hours either watching my Halloween and Christmas shows or counting down the days until we start setting up.  If we changed something her 5 year old son knew it and would tell you where that prop was last year and where we put it this year.

She has spent the last 5 years fighting pancreatic cancer and last wednesday she lost that battle.  She was only 33 and leaves behind a 5 year old son.  She has a big strong family so I think he will be ok.  She made it a point to do lots with him in an effort for him to have tons of positive memories to draw on when her time came.  She was an exceptional woman and will be missed by all.

This year I will dedicate both shows to her memory, her favorite color is purple and there will be several purple elements in my show plus some of the props she really loved (and music).

Great inspiration for sure.  Sorry to hear that she lost the battle, but glad he will be OK.  Keep the lights bright and the memories will never fade...

Sorry to hear about the loss. I think I pretty know how you feel, the 12 year old son of one of my closest co-workers passed away 11 days ago from cancer of the bile duct. Yes, do what you can for the family and the 5 year old son.

Life is precious and short.    Always go full out with every effort, you just never know...

Our heartfelt condolences to her family as well as to yours.   Make a GREAT Show in her honor. 

Thanks everyone! The better half and I are starting to work on props honoring her for this years show.

pancreatic cancer at 28 is just unfair...

I would agree my friend I would agree especially leaving behind a 5 year old boy.

Thanks to all the well wishers, unfortuante for me and my better half we were unable to attend the funeral.  Airlines were running a special on "grab your ankles" tickets.  Will make an attempt to go in the summer and leave flowers on her grave.  She trully was a special lady and a special neighbor.  She left her world a better place.

Caniac, Our (wife & I) hearts go out to her, (and family) you (and family), and her son, is there anything I can do or send on her behalf ?

let me know.

Greg

Edited by a31ford

Not really, just one of those things in life that just doesn't seem fair. Just keep her family in prayer.

• The topic was locked