Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding RGB Pixels to my display

Bob Eastman

I am thinking of adding about 600 RGB Pixels using Sandevice’s “ELOR” and”E682” to my LOR based display. I use “Easy Light Linker” for communicating between devices. I also use a older “LOR1602 with MP3 player” for my program. I would like to get any information I can to make this work or if I should do something else to add the 600RGB Pixels to my display.

You won't be able to use Light linkers to  transfer RGB data (Maybe in smaller amounts of Pixels) but 600 pixels will give you lags. I was told it has to be run thru cat5 wire ............But PlazmaDrive did get wifi to work for small distances to send RGB Data

You won't need the ELOR. The E682 hooks straight to the network port on your computer through a CAT5 cable and communicates using E.131 protocol.

-Paul

You won't need the ELOR. The E682 hooks straight to the network port on your computer through a CAT5 cable and communicates using E.131 protocol.

-Paul

Except he did mention "I also use a older “LOR1602 with MP3 player” for my program".

Hey Bob, you said an "older Lor1602 with MP3". I am absolutely no expert using San Devices because I don't use them, but if the Mp3 player is not the Gen3 mp3 director unit then you could have problems. If the mp3 director unit does not have 500K speed it might have a hard time running 600 rgb pixels. I ran 7 controllers & a 12 ccr Matrix last year & I had to set the controllers to regular network, & the 12 ccrs to Aux A at 500K speed

Edited by lightzilla

I think you just help clear up some of my confusion. If I was using the S3 program on a computer I could connect directly to the E682 but if I am using my LOR MP3 player to run the program I need to use a "ELOR", is that right?

Will the upgrade in speed for the ELL be good enough for my Pixels?  Sounds like maybe I also need to Upgrade to the new MP3 players

Bob