Light-O-Rama Forums

RFE: IR Light Controller

jstorms

I've seen these glow with the show things in a few places now. The Olympics, Superbowl, and now Disney has these "Glow With the Show" mouse ears. They have RGB lights in the ears that are synced to the show around them and they are controlled by IR. I've hacked them enough so I can control them with a hacked universal remote, but would be most-awesome of the LOR gods would create an IR controller. 

What do you say LOR? Ready to jump on the next big thing in light shows?

Notes for how to do this hack. : https://sites.google.com/site/listentoourlights/home/how-to/glowwiththeshow

I know of other wireless solutions (some DMX) that people are already using.

I think I'd settle for the software updates before this. Just my opinion.

I've seen these glow with the show things in a few places now. The Olympics, Superbowl, and now Disney has these "Glow With the Show" mouse ears. They have RGB lights in the ears that are synced to the show around them and they are controlled by IR. I've hacked them enough so I can control them with a hacked universal remote, but would be most-awesome of the LOR gods would create an IR controller. 

What do you say LOR? Ready to jump on the next big thing in light shows?

Notes for how to do this hack. : https://sites.google.com/site/listentoourlights/home/how-to/glowwiththeshow

I have an Ocelot home automation controller that can save and transmit IR.  I use it to turn on and turn off my projector for my Halloween faces.  I purchased an IR controlled scrolling LED sign and I will use the Ocelot for that also.  I'm thinking that something like the Ocelot could help with this project.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have the LOR protocol documented or is it considered propritary?  Possibly an Arduino could be built to listen as a controller on the network and send the IR codes? Seems like a job for a pair of MAX485 chips, small handful of cheap parts, an Arduino and an IR LED.