Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Nice tools

JerryAllen

I installed 2.0 on a separate machine; the tools for creating a new sequence are very nice in comparison to 1.6. I am staying with the older version on the actual show PC for this year and I am working on new songs on the other, maybe later on this season after I trust 2.0 I will actually put it online but honestly 1.6 has been _so_ stable I can leave it alone for a week and not have any reservations that the show will be playing that evening (barring a Windows problem which has happened once).

Best of both worlds.

An observation, XML is very inefficient, almost 200% file size.

Jerry

I installed 2.0 on a seperate machine as well just to check it out a little.

My impression is very similar to yours. Looks like it has some nice features but I'm sticking with 1.6 as well. I still have some sequencing to do but since I've started them and just need to finish them up, I think 1.6 will do fine.

I'm sure I'll look into it more for next season and may play around with it on a test system in a week or two once I have my 2007 up and running.

I'm in the same boat guys... Sticking with 1.6 for this season. It's way too late to be relying on beta (OK, gamma) software for the season. Sequences are all nearly complete, and we have a proved product to run on. I'll fool with the new version next year.

D.T.

I hate to think I brought anything negative to this but I have to say it....

We must be the conservatives.

and I am completely confident in what I have, play=play 100% of the time and completely confident in what is to come.

Jerry

I have been running 2.0 from the aux PC for about an hour on 32 channels, it is working without flaw. Very cool, if I could just convince myself that it is OK to update the main PC to do the automation, that would be even better. I just can't find the benefit that out wieighs the work in recovery for the last step, flawless automation.

Jerry

I to have other computers one on LORII and one on1.6 and will change computers to test LORII but.....with this license thing coming out is that going to destroy that proccess? I kinda like having a backup computer for that hope it never happens short circuit to happen. Or even the forbidden windows crash....?

Jeff Millard wrote:

PS The first full test of 2.0 at 2:00am came off without a hitch. Most of the lights were in the house. I'll bet it looked like the shop ws burning from outside. If it runs tonight at the same time without any problems I'm dumping everything into it.

Jeff

Hi, Jeff:

Let us know how it goes. Depending on your results, I'll plan accordingly and do the same. It looks like LOR II Gamma will be fine to run this year, for me anyway.

Well let me just say while I am a conservative in politics I am a gambler in this. Both my computers have II and all my songs are sequenced with II so it is do or die baby.

To be quite honest I am more concerned with problems with a controller than I am about this software.