Light-O-Rama Forums

What do I need?

hemilovers

OK, so I have 3 LOR 1602 Controllers, v3.8.2 Advanced Edition with SuperStar Demo. Been thinking of getting CCR's.  What do I need to make Brian Bruderer's 12 CCR Tree and Star?  How many would I need? Software? I saw the RGB Ribbon-8pack, could I use that to make the tree that Brian has in his video?  Please help.

The RGB Ribbon 8 pack is a 'dumb' ribbon. This means that you can only have 1 color on the ribbon at a time.

The tree you see in Bruderer's CCR tree would require CCR's If you wanted the 12 CCR tree, you would need 12 CCR's. Note that each CCR comes with it's own controller and power supply.

As far as software goes, it is possible to program CCR's with the sequence editor. However, if you wanted to use the Superstar Sequence Editor to program the tree, you would need a Superstar Sequence Editor License. A demo version comes with the software, and you can do everything within the SSE except for exporting your work to the regular Sequence Editor.

Hi,

I would love to start with the CCB's. But i don't know what i really need. 

i know i need the CCBulb 100 set with controller and the SPK-ST generic starter pack with the advanced license.

But what licence of superstar sequencer do i need to controle 3 sets of CCB's.

Can i put the CCB strands in Master/Slave Mode so that i need less licenses?

Best Regards.

Greetings From Belgium.

Hi,

I would love to start with the CCB's. But i don't know what i really need. 

i know i need the CCBulb 100 set with controller and the SPK-ST generic starter pack with the advanced license.

But what licence of superstar sequencer do i need to controle 3 sets of CCB's.

Can i put the CCB strands in Master/Slave Mode so that i need less licenses?

Best Regards.

Greetings From Belgium.

Just to make sure you, and everyone else is clear on this, you don't need the Superstar Sequence Editor to control CCB's. You would use the SSE to program CCBs. That said, you can program CCBs and all other Cosmic Color Devices in the Sequence Editor. It's possible to do, and before the SSE was written, there was no other choice.

The Basic software license will control 2 controllers assigned to Unit ID 01, and Unit ID 02. 

If you want to have all three CCBs to be a different controller number, and thus be able to effect independent of the others, you would need the Basic Plus license level.