Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II -> LOR I downgrade procedures

Tim Fischer

I like having a safety net before jumping :(

Could someone, preferably Dan or another LOR employee/support person, post the procedures to downgrade from LOR II to LOR I, just in case there are issues?

I don't have a full installer for version 1.6.1, which is what I'm currently running. So I'm assuming I uninstall LOR II, install version ??? that I hopefully still have an installer from last year, then upgrade back to 1.6.1?

Thanks! Much prefer to know this in advance so if the show were to suddenly stop and I decide to backtrack, I can have the info handy.

-Tim

i just took II off my comp...all i did was run the 1.6.1 update and said "no to all" when it asked if i wanted the newer shared files instead of the older ones installing

you said you dont have the installer for 1.6.1 so just go to support page and get it there

johnny christmas wrote:

i just took II off my comp...all i did was run the 1.6.1 update and said "no to all" when it asked if i wanted the newer shared files instead of the older ones installing

you said you dont have the installer for 1.6.1 so just go to support page and get it there

I was under the impression that the 1.6.1 on the support page is an updater, not an installer. If you've upgraded 1.6.1 to LOR II, then uninstalled, that would leave a system with no LOR and nothing to update, right?

-Tim

the trick was not to uninstall but to run the 1.6.1 file and select "no to all" when it asked if i wanted the newer shared files instead of the older ones installing...works fine on LOR I this way...tested it out and all so im good for '07...i have a year to work out issues with II

I am going to test the procedure just mentioned above. What I was going to recommend is:

1. Uninstall LORII using add/remove programs.

2. Install the latest full version that you have of LOR I and then update to the latest version.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

I am going to test the procedure just mentioned above. What I was going to recommend is:

1. Uninstall LORII using add/remove programs.

2. Install the latest full version that you have of LOR I and then update to the latest version.

Dan

should work for you...i just ran a one song show and had no problems

Tim Fischer wrote:

johnny christmas wrote:

I was under the impression that the 1.6.1 on the support page is an updater, not an installer. If you've upgraded 1.6.1 to LOR II, then uninstalled, that would leave a system with no LOR and nothing to update, right?

-Tim

It is listed as a update but it does have all the files of a full install it does sound reasonable that if you select the options to overwrite the existing LOR II files then it will work out okay. You will have some residual LOR II files but they will be ignored by LOR I.

There may be problems with some of our pre-processed wave files that are stored with the associated audio files. I believe that they changed format (but may also have a new extension I do not recall)...

I would backup my audio folder as well as the sequences folder and remember that those folders will be moved to a new location under My Documents when LOR II is installed.

It should also be noted that if you change any of your LOR I sequence files using LOR II, and then you fall back to LOR I, LOR I will not understand the sequence files anymore. However:

Copies of the original files, which LOR I will understand (but which will not include any changes you made using LOR II), will automatically be created.

For example, let's say you have a sequence, built using LOR I, whose file is named MySequence.lms. You make a change to it using LOR II, and save it.

LOR I will no longer understand MySequence.lms. But, there will be a new file called MySequence.lms.v1.bak, which is a copy of your sequence as it was before any LOR II changes were made. Rename that file to Something.lms, and LOR I will understand it.

Disclaimer: The file naming scheme (*.lms.v1.bak) is as I remember it off the top of my head. It's at least something very similar to that - if you can't find the file and need to know, please ask, and I'll look up the exact scheme.

Edit: Even so, though, it's a good idea to back your sequences (etc.) up manually before switching to LOR II, just in case.

LightORamaDan wrote:

There may be problems with some of our pre-processed wave files that are stored with the associated audio files. I believe that they changed format (but may also have a new extension I do not recall)...

The format changed, but yes, the extension changed also. So your LOR I preprocessed audio files should be unmodified.

Off the top of my head, I think the LOR I files are *.lpw, and the LOR II files are *.lpx.