Light-O-Rama Forums

Vimeo Following YouTube?

jimswinder

Well...just had one of Videos removed from VIMEO for "Copyright Infringement...Clay Aikens "Mary Did You Know"...

Anyone else seeing a trend like this at VIMEO?

Well...just had one of Videos removed from VIMEO for "Copyright Infringement...Clay Aikens "Mary Did You Know"...

Anyone else seeing a trend like this at VIMEO?

Yes me to a couple of times.  I joined "Dailymotion" as well & a video of mine was removed from there too. They sent an email my way basically saying "if you continue to do this we will remove your account ". That is one of the reasons I use independent music singer/writers in my show. Some will post it on their own website.

Edited by lightzilla

• 4 months later...

All my videos are still alive and well on Vimeo, I use this statement as the first line on my videos:

DISCLAIMER: "I do not own the music and am using it under the "Fair Use" portion of the U.S. Copyright Law."

Thus far, and now over 2 years on Vimeo, none have ever been removed or censored, unlike YouTube, which has silenced many a video or removed them entirely.

Mine are still running too and I'm always adding a comment or other to show that I purchased the music legally on Amazon or own the CD/movie or whatever source. So far, I've not gotten a question about it.

I have the legal copies of the music as well, lost count of how many CD's I now own, I have two wooden crates and 3 totes full of CD's now!  As well as the many songs I purchase as digital copies off CDBaby, Amazon and iTunes.

The thing is even if you own the CD, you don't own the music.  Therefore that is why I have the statement in my post above placed as the first line in my videos where I use the song in my Halloween/Christmas displays.

Got that tip from a fellow forumite here and at the PC forums some time ago, been using it ever since and have never had a video taken down or silenced since.    Before that, videos would disappear, be silenced or would have some gad-awful music that surely didn't match the video put over the original music in the video.

I got my Bark at the Moon sequence pulled from YouTube this week and got a first warning, even though Ozzy himself put it on his Facebook page and gave it a nod. Go Figure. :huh:

I have had my big Crazy Train sequence pulled for the last year and now it is back on! :wacko:

WTF???? :angry:

All my videos are still alive and well on Vimeo, I use this statement as the first line on my videos:

DISCLAIMER: "I do not own the music and am using it under the "Fair Use" portion of the U.S. Copyright Law."

Thus far, and now over 2 years on Vimeo, none have ever been removed or censored, unlike YouTube, which has silenced many a video or removed them entirely.

I decided to take your advice and added the exact same disclaimer to all of my Vimeo videos just in case. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have 10 videos listed on Vimeo but they all have a 30 second or so intro.....I wonder if that has something to do with my good fortune as each intro gives credit to the maker of the music. I do like the disclaimer listed above.....

kevinkolak.com

• 5 weeks later...

all my videos are on youtube, no blocking, it will explain why your video is blocked in your video manager, and just click the "Ok, I get it" I been doing that for years

• 2 months later...

This is getting ridiculous with the blocking, claims process and so on...Nothing but trouble this year in posting videos of our lights to music. Obviously we bought the CD/DVD/BluRay or downloaded the music to sequence too and yet, Vimeo now, Youtube and who knows how many others...blocks, claims and whatever is getting in the way. I have the disclaimer posted and yet, their automated upload filters are stopping us from sharing our creations. There's got to be a simpler way to do this without all the problems. We're sure not making money off the viewing of the videos but the hosting sites are!

This is getting ridiculous with the blocking, claims process and so on...Nothing but trouble this year in posting videos of our lights to music. Obviously we bought the CD/DVD/BluRay or downloaded the music to sequence too and yet, Vimeo now, Youtube and who knows how many others...blocks, claims and whatever is getting in the way. I have the disclaimer posted and yet, their automated upload filters are stopping us from sharing our creations. There's got to be a simpler way to do this without all the problems. We're sure not making money off the viewing of the videos but the hosting sites are!

Are you a pro or plus member of Vimeo?  I thought they were only scanning videos of public members.

I'm a plus member. They've deleted 7 of the 16 videos I uploaded last night. No messages from them at all, nothing. The videos just vanished. What upsets me more than anything is I'm paying them too! I found a single way to email them just minutes ago, so hopefullly will find out what's going on. I'm doubting they even viewed it, rather from the title, just delete it and forget it. The entertainment industry is getting out of control with their demands.

I'm politely raising a little discontent with them right now but not expecting to get anywhere. Guess I'm going to have to cancel the paid membership and find some other way. So ridiculous this is. If anything is Fair-Use, its us!

I had my videos deleted by Vimeo also. I appealed their decision under "fair use," making the case that my light show recontextualizes (transforms) the material in as an artistic interpretation and they were created for personal use only. My appeal was denied.

I cancelled my account at Youtube several years ago and went to Vimeo because Youtube was blocking my Christmas videos. Now Vimeo is doing it. My membership with Vimeo expires in five days. I don't plan to renew it now that they've become onerous.

I'll have to look for another way to post my videos.

Oak0IG.png

Just started having issues with Vimeo also.  I won't go try YouTube because a few years ago I thought I was set there and they hit almost all my videos days after I uploaded them.

I'm uploading them to Google Drive right now.  I don't think there will be any problems there since it's basically like a hard drive and you are just sharing access to your files... but what do I know. :)

Seems like it's working...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-Dud6paVc_UdUdoZmpnaWlhNGM&usp=sharing

I just don't know if people who are not signed into Google can view the files?  Anybody who isn't a Google member feel like trying to see? ;)

Great!  I have noticed that Google does "process" the video file before it will play but hopefully that's only to allow for streaming or something similar.