Light-O-Rama Forums

Great Debate, switch or not

cenote

I've switched, with not regrets.

I started with my laptop, which I use as a backup. It worked flawlessly, so I'm updating the main today. Even if there was a problem, I could just reinstall the old software and use the backup. No dire straits.

The best reason for me to change is that new animation feature. I've used is putting a photo of my house in the animation....What a bonus! Not only did I notice that some lights wouldn't work here, but I started to re-organize how to efficiently use my channels this year.

That and my wife could look at it an make suggestions too!

Oh yea, I played with the beat wizard and was amazed it worked so well!

i just did a full show test and the only problem i had was a couple of sections 'freezing' until another event went off on those sections...kinda threw things off and also my mega tree red and greens stopped working towards the end of the show but i know they work cuz i tested through the harware utility and they lit up after i did the full show test...prolly just have to restart the comp before shows when i can (definately will be friday right before light up) might be a RAM hangup (got 1 gig so i dont see how if nothing else is running on the comp)

grandad wrote:

I too have some D-Light hardware, but I do not think it realistic to ask the L-O-R crew to support a rivals product, particularly as that product was (allegedly) reverse-engineered from their own product!

The software allows for dasher and X10, and has the ability to run three auxillary networks. Maybe Light-o-rama could have a tick box for "use old LOR protocol" on the aux network or have a separate box like the dasher/X10 ports

Push Eject wrote:

I have purposely not sequenced much so far this season, so YES, I will totally go for LOR II.

Okay, really, I'm a lazy father of twin three-year-olds so my free time is not entirely my own.

Still -- I brew award-winning beer.

Yep I put off programming in lor 1 for this reason... so yeah I just started programming 2 days ago... I got work to do.