Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Liberation

kevin

Fellow sequencers. The time has come for us to overthrow the powerfull LOR Gods.

I recommend we put together a list of Bribes we can offer Mary and Alex to smuggle us a copy of LOR2.

My Contributions:

1) a Room full of Legos for Alex, plus all the ice cream he wants..:D
2) a gift card for 1 year of house cleaning for Mary

If you get Alex all hyper with that ice cream, we may never get LOR II!!!!

Maybe if we all are nice and convince him we won't complain that the program doesn't have all those obscure requests we gave him last year (ooh, I got a new one...an off-track betting option), he'll release it and run quickly in the other direction.

I hate to be the party pooper, but I can understand why they wouldn't release the new version until after Xmas. Here's why:

What if, once all of us start using it, have commited our sequences with no return (at least one of us wouldn't back up) and you find a new discovered bug. Well, Xmas brings an unfair deadline to get a patch out in haste to repair the issue. How many times could this possibly happen. And the timeframe to release a patch at this point wouldn't allow for any time of reasonable patch testing.

Granted, yeah I'd like to see the new features, but I'm excited to use any version of the software this year!