Light-O-Rama Forums

Please, just call me a MAN

Guest guest

OK, I'm sharing this in hopes I'm not the only person out there that did this.

OK, I'll start out from the beginning.

I've got to set the stage first.

I search for a way to do animated lighting. I found this site Planet Christmas. My heart is pumping pretty fast now (and my wife says I'm lazy). I'm checking it out and run into Carson's video. I'm starting to slobber on the keyboards now (and my wife says I don't do anything). I frantically start to see how this (Carson's display) was created. I go to the PC forum. A rainbow come over the horizon as I disect every bit of info from every angle.

Here comes the rough part (you've been warned)

I found out about something magical called........are you ready? L.O.R. That's right, I said LOR (it's a 3 letter work in my book). I was amased and now slobbering everywhere. It's like a full moon come out or something.

Anyway, I get the demo version and start playing with it and it's capabilities. Man this thing is magic. Merlin don't have a chance against this thing. I started asking for examples from other members of sequences and several where very nice to step up to the plate on my request (thank you all). I started creating sequences a little at a time. I start thinking of other songs to sequence to. Before I knew it I was in a tail spin but spinning no where. I'm drinking more water now because I slobber all over the place with this new way of life I have stumbled on to.

I start to pick a couple songs to sequence to and one of them was 4 1/2 minutes long. I take a breath (knowing war is hell) and get started knowing I had a battle on my hands. After long hours of work/play, I finally get it sequenced (for the most part). It was just one channel too............................. (just kidding, just kidding)

I've met a few members from here in my traveling with LOR and one of them is Glenn from Lawton, OK. Very nice guy too. We get to talking and I mentioned to Glenn, "yeah, I just finished this one sequence that really kicked my but. It's over 4 minutes long and the closer I got to the end, the longer it took to sequence. Man, I just get done with a beat, play the song again to see if it's in the right place." Every single square box marked I did this. Very time consuming, I told Glenn.

Glenn said, are you using the "play range/visible screen option?" I asked him "what?":shock: He repeated him self. THEN, I knew exactly what he was saying because I saw it before but never tried it. I NEVER READ THE DARN INSTRUCTIONS. :X I admit it, I'm a "MAN"

Anyway, sorry for the long story to just say, I never read the instructions. But I had to set the stage. I had to shift the blame to someone or something. It's all LOR's fault for not forcing me to read the instructions :laughing:.

It pays to have PC and LOR friends. Believe me. I KNOW!

Thanks Glenn for that simple suggestion.

Tom

TOM Wrote:

Glenn said, are you using the "play range/visible screen option?" I asked him "what?":shock: He repeated him self. THEN, I knew exactly what he was saying because I saw it before but never tried it. I NEVER READ THE DARN INSTRUCTIONS. :X I admit it, I'm a "MAN"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom, I could have told you that !!!!........... Ha...just kidding.......Welcome to the club of NON manual readers....I, for one, did the same thing, until....(gulp ! )...FINALLY, I read about it...especially, after a number of PC Members graciously gave me some of their sequences too, to work on......and to those members, I thank, from the bottom of my heart.......YEP, it's a lot of work and that little play range/ visible screen option really makes it much easier to work with.

Been there...Done that.....and GOT the T- shirt !

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

KLG 28 wrote:

TOM Wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom, I could have told you that !!!!........... Ha...just kidding.......Welcome to the club of NON manual readers....I, for one, did the same thing, until....(gulp ! )...FINALLY, I read about it...especially, after a number of PC Members graciously gave me some of their sequences too, to work on......and to those members, I thank, from the bottom of my heart.......YEP, it's a lot of work and that little play range/ visible screen option really makes it much easier to work with.

Been there...Done that.....and GOT the T- shirt !

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

What? Ken? You got a T-shirt? wha the...... I want one (lol)

I really do. I earned it (LOL) the hard way.

Thanks Ken for stepping up to the plate. I feel a little better now.

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Tom,

I, too, never read the instructions. I hit myself in the head when i noticed play range/visible screen. Dan, a pause button would still be great.:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:LOL

Greg

OMG, I'm not the only one!!!!

I don't think I have ever read an instructiion manual...

It took me like a week to find out. I did the whole song on "Play Full" THENNNNN I found out.....

LOL

Zac

Zac_Cutt wrote:

OMG, I'm not the only one!!!!

I don't think I have ever read an instructiion manual...

It took me like a week to find out. I did the whole song on "Play Full" THENNNNN I found out.....

LOL

Zac

A whole week? Heck, I've been doing it that way for a whole month!!!:laughing: It's only because I'm older and it doesn't get any easier the older you get. :D

Thanks for sharing though, I'm happier now that I'm not in a world of my own.

Tom