Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night 16 CCR Sequence

davensj

Ok, here's my newest Jeff Messer Challenge....

16 CCR's, 6 channel star.  Thanks to Jeff, Robert and Chris, for your help with the "story board".  This song was long, LOL!

• Like 1

Thanks Doug!!  I like the song too.  I had not heard it before until Jeff M told me about it.  It's a long song to sequence, but I enjoyed creating it.  The effects are smoother in person, the MS Expression screen capture program is good, but it has a tough time catching up with the animation.  I need to find another screen capture program :-)

I have watched it 3 times already. Simply amazing is all i can say. Cant wait to see this one on my tree this coming Christmas, is is defiantly a must have sequence.

As far as screen capture, i have used the free version of CamStudio and it seemed to do an OK job, not sure how it would compare to what you are using.

Amazing job, Dave!  I've played around with superstar but nothing like the effects you've created,  I did a 16 string pixel tree and used nutcracker to create the effects.  I plan on spending more time with superstar to try and learn how to use it a bit better. Thanks for posting your work.

Thanks Mike!! Yes SuperStar was a learning curve for me. But once you understand it, it's really great to use. Keep playing with it and it'll get easier to create effects you'll like :-)

Nutcracker is an awesome program. The effects are VERY nice. I need to learn to use it better myself.

Once again Dave you are the man.. Great sequence and not sure if I can stump you or not. Got to get into the Nutcracker so you can add gifs but you are limited to having a sequence to work with. Takes me 3 months to do a sequence and you throw them out in no time. WTG my friend and keep up the great work. The 16 strings looks great and provides plenty of room for you to play.

Jeff

Thanks Carlos and Jeff! I'm glad you guys like it.

This one was yet another tough one. Jeff came up with making the world spin. Working with 16 CCR's was easier to work with since there's more room. I need to sit down and learn to work with Nutcracker. Maybe this weekend :-)

If I can help just let me know. Just give me a call cause wife has me cleaning the yard today. LOL

Jeff

Hi Jeff. I'd like to add an effect or two from Nutcracker to a future sequence. If you have time tomorrow to guide me thru it over the phone, that would be great!

Dave that is very good!!  You are a natural at SS. I can see your work getting better every time you complete a new sequence.  I also like the better resolution with the 16 ribbons!

Hey thanks Ralph!!  I do plan to create more 16 CCR sequences.  For now I need to complete a few sequences for 12 CCR's.  I talked to Jeff M, he was helping me with Nutcracker.  Nutcracker has awesome effects I'd like to use in future sequences :-)

Hey thanks Ralph!!  I do plan to create more 16 CCR sequences.  For now I need to complete a few sequences for 12 CCR's.  I talked to Jeff M, he was helping me with Nutcracker.  Nutcracker has awesome effects I'd like to use in future sequences :-)

I like Nutcracker also for fast special effects but I have not been able to learn how to match it to the music like I can SS.  I may be wrong but they seem to be different tools for a different type of effects.  Both great just a different purpose.

I agree Ralph :-)

I hope to make it work well with at at least part of the CCR sequence.  Just as an added effect for a few seconds.  

• Like 1

Just what would it be like if we had all the tools in one software.  I have a blast going between all of them and making the show just the way I like it.  Dave, You are doing a great job with SS so adding other effect will be a killer. I can see my pixel tree crying this year... LOL

Jeff

• Like 1