Light-O-Rama Forums

Feb. Meeting in Sacramento.. TONIGHT

plasmadrive

Hi All,

I haven't seen anyone bump this up..  Remember  TONIGHT is the meeting in Old Sacramento at the Round Table.. 

Craig

I had planned to attend this months meeting and had been waiting for the date BUT we just discovered our car has developed a more than moderate engine oil leak, so we are unable to make it this time.  We had plenty to share and plenty questions to ask.  We'll just have to wait til next month again.

Pls, If you would, post what all was discussed and shared from the meeting so we would not feel left out. Thanks.

The main topic was Layout and how to get there from here. Designs were discussed and Craig (Plasmadrive) talked about his LED icicles, how they mount and how he powered them with 24vdc power supplies so they wouldn't get yellow at the extreme end. Craig also talked about how he took videos of his display with a GPS-enabled small helicopter; his display looked great from 50-60 feet up. The helicopter locked on the GPS position and didn't move an inch during his 6 songs.

He also talked about using GFIs on displays and some of the problems you can get into. Also discussed using lasers for different shows.

I had some graph paper with designs for a layout that Mike in Fair Oaks was interested in. Mike is converting from incandescents to LED strips this year.

Different designs were talked about. Ya kinda had to be there for the discussion.

This was the first time we have met on a Saturday, as requested by several members.

At the end, we took a vote and it was unanimous that we change back to a Friday meeting; it was quite busy and noisy at the Round Table Pizza.

Thanks to all that came and participated.

Next meeting will be Friday March 14 at 6:00pm. Mark your calendars. Focus will be on programming techniques.

There was also a discussion regarding DMX testing and timing.  I bit more technical perhaps, but was interesting. 

• The topic was locked