Light-O-Rama Forums

My Display Knows What You Did In The Dark

Rapajez

So, just had time to add one song this year (and re-use some of last year's). I decided to mash 2 Fall Out Boy songs together. "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)", and "Alone Together", their follow-up single, which I assumed would be more popular by the time the display was live.

This year I just added another 16-channel controller, wanted to break up the existing lights and add a few more colors. 

I'm most proud of the "Ashes" at 1:30. :)

Thank you sir! I drilled light-sized holes through a piece of re-enforced plywood and pushed the lights through. Probably not the most efficient method...but got the job done. 

Edited by Rapajez

• 2 weeks later...

The singing santa is cool!! Can you tell me where I can find the singing santa?

Thank you! Unfortunately, that was homemade. There HAD to be an easier method to do this, but what we did was re-enforced 2 peices of plywood with 2x4's, then used a hinge to connect the two in a manner that allows us to fold the whole thing in half for storage. Then we used a projector to project the Santa onto the plywood, and drilled a hole for each individual light. The lights were just the right size that you could push them through the holes, and they'd stay put unless you pulled them out at a perfect angle.

• The topic was locked