Light-O-Rama Forums

Rainbow C9 Pixel Re-Purpose sale

zman

I have 20 of Seasonal Entertainments Rainbow C9 pixel strings - http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/en/rainbow-pixels-ws2801/155-rainbow-c9-pixels.html

All but one string have never been out of the box. One string was used for testing for all of 15 minutes, and has the original connector cut off. I am going in a different direction, and trying to clean out some of my garage clutter.

Greg has them listed in Pre-Sale at $45. I am willing to part with them for $40 a string plus shipping. I prefer to sell the entire lot, but would be willing to sell in a 2 10 string lots.

Send me a Message if you are interested.

do you know if these 12v pixels have the same problems as nearly all other 12v's had last year?  those are exactly what we want but we dont want to have to mess with figuring out which voltages we can get away with without burning pixels out.

for what its worth - i tried emailing seasonal entertainment about this a few weeks ago when looking to make a purchase and they never answerd my email.  hoping you might know.

Edited by gc75067

These are 12V. The Protocol is 2801. I have done the testing using a Sandevice E682.

These have not had the problems you are thinking of. Those were the 2811's, and depending on where you got them, there was either issues with a very specific product from Ray Wu, or issues with World Semi shipping bad 2811 silicon.

Greg Renna is aware that I am re-purposing these. Usually Greg is highly responsive. So something may have slipped through the cracks with his pre-sale going on right now.

Edited by zman

They would have 42 pixels per string, which is the best even amount per string that will get you closest to a universe. 42x4=168. Max is 170 pixels universe.

do you know if these 12v pixels have the same problems as nearly all other 12v's had last year? 

I know of one particular style of pixels that happened to be 12V that had issues.

All the pixels I use (some for 2 seasons now) are 12V.  There's nothing wrong with 12V pixels in general.

thanks, Tim. I had thought it was more than that. I thought I had seen something about pixel strips and the new c9 strings

I don't doubt that there weren't some examples of these that failed, but the only mass failings I've heard of are with the square-backed pixels, and most of them were from one design source.

-Tim

• 1 month later...

Guys, I am bumping this as it appears the person who committed to buying all the strings has fallen off the face of the earth.

If there is interest, please let me know. My preference is to sell all strings, or break it up into 2 groups of 10.

I might be interested in a group of 5 if are willing to do that. What would you charge for shipping to 68137?

• The topic was locked