Light-O-Rama Forums

Snow fun...tonight?

bob_moody

Okay, we here in Hooterville are set to get 1 to 2 inches of snow tonight. A good excuse to break out a few strings of lights.

Thought I would stretch out a couple of strings on the ground and let the snow cover them, then...light em up.

Question....I know the company lawn lights used incan. Can I get the same effect with LED?

Quicker the answers the better...will post pics/vids if it all comes to pass

Bob

Well its pretty much a crap shoot at the moment. Depends on which weather station you listen to. At best we could see 2"....

Guess I could throw an incan with it...thought the LEDs would be better since they are sealed....

Thanks for the reply....going to see if it works

LED are great. But there is one small thing that make Ican better. For example, I have the Retro C9 LED on my roof. But a few inches and the LED are buried under the snow. But with ican C9, they will melt the snow around them and shine through the melted hole. I thought that it would look cool to have snow over the lights. But the snow muted the light to much in my opinion.

I remember the incan lawn lights. The big thing with them was the heat created a snow cave around them and they were spaced really far apart...

This was just something to do IF we really get the snow...

2" of snow will allow LEDs to shine through just fine, but that's approaching the upper limit. 

Well it all ended up being a moot point anyway ...

Weatherman missed it by ---------------------------------------> that much ...

My trusty weather rock was just a little wet and a litte cold .. but it never turned white ...

So .. it was all just exercise is dragging out 4 strings of lights and giving them a cold bath ...

Maybe next time ...

• The topic was locked