Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert Led sequence to CMB24D RGB

Grinch

Help

I am planning on adding the Dumb RGB strips to a tree line this year.  I want to take my existing sequence and copy certain elements into the RGB.  Every time I paste it on to the RGB row it shows up red.

How do  I paste them into the RGB channels and be able to select the color I want with out having to start from scratch?  Is it possible?  

Seems like I am having a mental block and I am making this harder than it should be.

Thanks

Grinch.

Expand the RGB channel(s) and paste them where you want.

Also look at "convert to RGB channel"

tj

Edited by tjflory

Grinch.

Expand the RGB channel(s) and paste them where you want.

Also look at "convert to RGB channel"

tj

I tried that right away but That just gives me Red, Green, Blue Or if I paste it into all or three of them White.  Not exactly the same thing.  

I am not sure how close the color will be to the color selected on the screen because the green looks like it would be a good color for Halloween but not Christmas.

I was just hoping for a an easier way other than starting from scratch.

Don't you have to create a new channel and then define the color you want for it?  I played around with the RGB stuff in the LOR sequencer, not so much in SuperStar since I don't have a license for that as yet, but not having any RGB items to actually use, I seem to recall I had to create a separate channel and define the color wanted, or I could use one of the default colors/channels and redefine the color, then paste into it. 

It won't just take the color from one channel and paste into another, even in the standard LOR SE, you have to define the colors of the items you're using.   I would think the RGB items are the same, each element would have to have it color to be independently created. 

But I'm speculating because what little I've played around with it, if and when I opt to get some RGB items to play with, I'll know a little {and currently it is very little} how to set up and do the different colors.   But just with my playing around with it, seems there is no automatic way to do this, has to be done manually for each color wanted.  

If there is an easier way to just copy and paste from a regular LOR channel of a specific color created into an RGB one creating the same color, I'd like to know how to do it too.   As with what little playing around with the RGB parts, this is how it seems to function to me.

It's as TJ stated. Expand the RGB and paste. If you were using 3 single colors for the element...say a bush and used red, green and blue strings and now want to use RGB strings...that would be an easy cut and paste. But if you only had 1 color string and converting to RGB, you want to paste that single color row into one of the RGB colors...say red. Now you will need to manually change the RGB row to your color of choosing, but at least you have the sequence/timing part for that element. To choose your colors use the color tool. It will auto populate the intensity of the RGB colors. Just think of RGB dumb as 3 channels for 1 element. If you want to fade from red to green...you would do a fade between those 2 colors within the same RGB channel. If you wanted to channel from green to orange, the orange would be 100% red and 50% green. The color tool will figure the intensity for you.

If you start using "smart" RGB...then it's not 3 channels for 1 element. It could be hundreds of channels, but forget about that for now. We are talking dumb RGB. I don't want to confuse.

Ok I played further again expanding the RGB channels.  I can get red, I can get what I call a Halloween Green kind of a lime green,  I can get blue or if I paste equally in all of them I get white of course.

I was hoping to get a darker green just from the paste but it appears that I have to go back to each timing mark and redo the color with the color tool.  I have a bunch of real short blips of ON and short fades to convert unless I accept the the above default colors by pasting. 

I was hoping for an easier way other than selecting each mark separately and redoing the mark to change that color.

If I understand correctly, you have a color in your old tree, like an orange string, and you want this translated into the same orange color in the dumb strips. Unfortunately, this isn't easy for colors other than primary colors.

If your old trees had red, green, and blue strings, then it would be easy to copy and paste those into the red, green, and blue components of the new RGB channels.

If you old trees had a yellow channel, then you would copy that into both the red and green channels.

But for other colors, it's not going to be easy.

Thanks Scottam67, and Steven  

I did the conversion, I was hoping for a easy way to change the color exactly how Steven explained my problem...for other color it's not going to be easy.  

I am planning on doing it the hard way for now but I have  a lot of sequences to fix/update if someone comes up with any easier way.