Light-O-Rama Forums

choice adapter for S3

svapilu

Good evening, I'm a registered user recently. I want to submit a question, for many trivial, but important for me to start (and not to spend money unnecessarily). I want to buy the Lor S3 software suite. for S3 is better the Enttec Open Dmx Usb or Enttec Dmx Usb Pro?

Thanks

If your just starting you need from light o rama the usb-rs485 to run the ac 16 channel controllers first then one of the dmx adapters

As Dennis said, if all you're planning on running is Light-0-Rama controllers, than the USB-RS485 from LOR is all you need.

If you plan on adding colour changing DMX controlled fixtures this year, that's where the Enttec products come in. I used an Enttec Open USB last year for my DMX fixtures. The difference between the two is the Open USB uses the computer that is running the LOR show handles sending the DMX commands from LOR to the fixtures, the Open USB just acts as a converter. The USB Pro adapter handles the DMX commands itself, which becomes helpful if you're running LOR on an older computer that may not have enough processor power to handle running both the LOR show and the DMX commands.

thanks for your answers ....... my idea is to use DMX fixture. then (as I have seen in various tutorials) I would just buy the S3 software and the controller Enntec with a decoder pwm. Without providing the controller Lor ....... My original idea is to adapt the software to the realization of S3 show for discoclub