Light-O-Rama Forums

monster quartet any good?

adam_northdakota

Was just starting to work on my Halloween display and checked these out on the web.  was wondering if anybody has used these seen these and how they are quality wise and to work with.  If they are good would be a nice time saver instead of making my own which would be nice but like with everybody time is always a factor. thanks for the input.

hey sorry I forgot the link ya that is what I was looking at.  I appreciate the info and think I will try them I am going to attatch them to pallets and put them in my front yard so should work good. thanks

I am buying the same ones along with a signing pumpkin. Wife wants all 5 plus the 8 mini pumpkins. Ordering a giant spider web as well. Halloween is her Holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

The monster quartet from HolidayCoro is a great product. I use 'em in my display and have been very happy with them. You may want to do some up-front planning before you buy them, like what colors for each component (outline, eyes, mouths), LED vs incandescent light strings, availability of light strings with the right number of bulbs, etc.

I have the 4 foot trees, didn't realize there was a smaller version..I will reiterate what Mike just said, LED vs Incandescent...4 footers have ALOT of holes, for 4 of these trees, I'm guessing my outlay for the LED's (Thank goodness I had alot already that I repurposed that I had gotten in previous sales thru CDI)  was about 600, but I just figured it out if you did it without getting them on sale, you are looking at 900 dollars for the lights...Woof!  The smaller version looks to be about half of that.  Be careful using incandescents as the holes are snug, i could see them getting broken relatively easy.  Just food for thought for those looking to take this on...

I use Incandescent lights on my singing trees. I have had no problems with them breaking. the only draw back to the incandescent light are they shut down slow so if the lip movements are very fast (more then 6 flashes per second) it looks like multipliable strands are on at the same time. The linked video will show you what I am talking about. Some of the my sequences are for sale at Holidaycoro for the singing trees and I try to be as precise as possible because I want the trees to really look like they are really singing not just flapping their mouth to the words. LED lights shut down faster so they would eliminate the lag. they are well worth having in your display whether the Halloween faces or singing trees. side note I made the evil singing Christmas tree for Halloween because I ran short on funds for my first Halloween show and it is now a regular fixture.

This was a test run with incandescents in the tree and LED in the pumpkin. You can really see what I am talking about here