Light-O-Rama Forums

LORII and channel info?

medman2000

Hoping one of the beta testers can answer this one... is it easier to enter channel info in LORII compared to LORI? I have 320 channels and clicking on each individual channel to add name/color etc is always a bummer, and if it is faster in LORII I'll wait until at least tomorrow to see if the rumor-mill is true about the release.

Thanks!

LOR 2 has a new "Channel Property Grid", which shows you a list of a bunch of channels at once, along with their attributes (like name, color, unit ID, etc.), and lets you change those attributes directly from that screen.

This was intended to make entering such information faster. Hopefully it does. You can still do it the old way, too.

Wish I knew about chucks utility the other night when I was assigning about 64 channels in my grid -- which is organized by display item NOT by controller, so I have to do each channel manually...

-Tim

I can't believe I didn't see that utility earlier. Chuck mentioned on his website that he won't be updating the utility anymore as the functionality will be included in LORII - I guess if the rumors are correct and LORII is out tomorrow, we'll have our answer. If not I'll start using Chuck's utility - will shave several hours off of a very busy pre-Thanksgiving stretch of work!

Thanks!

medman2000

Jeff Millard wrote:

Here's the one in LOR 2...

Yea know, that picture just didn't come through clear enough to see - could you just send me a zip of LOR2 so I can see it better, I promise I'll delete it afterwards.

Ok seriously, that looks quite helpful - thanks for showing the screen shot. I'm assuming on the left where you have the channel name, it started as "channel 1" etc until you changed the name? Very cool.

Thanks!

Push Eject wrote:

Yeah, but is there a Mac version? :D

I'd be happy to code up a Mac version of LOR II. Of course there would have to be some compensation involved, as well as access to the Win source code :cool:.

Actually is anyone here running LOR on either BootCamp or Parallels Desktop on a Mac Intel box? I use Parallels Desktop almost daily, but haven't tried it with LOR...

-Tim

Awesome, Tim.

We have 3 Windows XP, 1 Mac Panther and 2 Mac Tiger machines in the house... God only knows which one will end up being my show computer this year.

p.s. the most powerful computer in the place is the $599 mac mini that is our movie server. :)