Can't use Paste

Brian Mitchell

For some reason I am unable to paste anything into a reply box on this forum.

On a right-click, Paste is grayed out and the paste buttons do not work.

Anyone else had this or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

It's hard to reply to posts and not be able to paste links and stuff.

I'm sure that is what it is too but I don't know how to override it.    When I use the paste button, it does pop up a window asking if it is ok to access the clipboard, I ok that but it still doesn't paste.

I'm trying to remember if it has always been this way on this laptop or just since explorer upgraded.  I've been using this laptop since November when my main desktop crashed.  I finally brought it to the repair shop, so hopefully I will soon have it back.

Thanks Mike.  I guess that sort of explains it.    Since you posted a link, I guess you're not using IE 11.

Chrome.  All the way.  

Don't feel bad, IE11 screwed up a bunch of my banking apps.

You may also want to take a look at putting the forum URL into 'Compatibility' mode.  ->  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Could not paste with <Ctrl> C, <Ctrl> V. or by pull down copy and paste, although the data was in the clipboard and would paste anywhere else This is with Exp 11 . switched to a computer with Exp 9  and all was as expected.

Microsoft made some changes in IE11 that has affected many, many sites and users. I'm seeing this a lot in the day job right now.

The best advise I can offer right now is to try the compatibility mode setting in the browser, and see if that works.