Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't use Paste

Brian Mitchell

For some reason I am unable to paste anything into a reply box on this forum.

On a right-click, Paste is grayed out and the paste buttons do not work.

Anyone else had this or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

It's hard to reply to posts and not be able to paste links and stuff.

Are you sure you have something on your clipboard that can be pasted?  Start up Notepad and then try to do a 'paste' there and see what you get.

Yes, I can paste anywhere else without copying again but not in the dialog box.

Oh, I should add it's IE 11

Edited by Brian Mitchell

I'm sure that is what it is too but I don't know how to override it.    When I use the paste button, it does pop up a window asking if it is ok to access the clipboard, I ok that but it still doesn't paste.

I'm trying to remember if it has always been this way on this laptop or just since explorer upgraded.  I've been using this laptop since November when my main desktop crashed.  I finally brought it to the repair shop, so hopefully I will soon have it back.

Mine does it, too.

Make sure you have a blinking cursor in the reply to topic box before you right click or Ctrl+V.

Thanks Mike.  I guess that sort of explains it.    Since you posted a link, I guess you're not using IE 11.

In the reply box, click on the upper left button. Your type looks like you're an old typewriter as you're composing the message, but it allows links to be posted.

Edited by George Simmons

Thanks.

What is that button?  It's not labeled, but it worked and then I can click it off after pasting.

Brian,
I've been having the same issues. LOR must have done something because it just started a while back and I'm using the same computer.
Didn't have to click on buttons before, since 2005 for that matter.

If your using IE11, this helps.

Press F12 when the developer windows opens up click the bottom tab on the left side (emulation) Under Document Mode Change it from Edge to 10.

Thanks Titus, but it had no apparent effect - still can't quote or link without pushing the magic button first.

Thanks Mike.  I guess that sort of explains it.    Since you posted a link, I guess you're not using IE 11.

Chrome.  All the way.  

Don't feel bad, IE11 screwed up a bunch of my banking apps.

You may also want to take a look at putting the forum URL into 'Compatibility' mode.  ->  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Have you tried:

Ctrl/C to copy

Ctrl/V to paste

If it works, it would be a good temporary solution until you figure it out.

That's what I've done since 2005. Something still has changed here.

Could not paste with <Ctrl> C, <Ctrl> V. or by pull down copy and paste, although the data was in the clipboard and would paste anywhere else This is with Exp 11 . switched to a computer with Exp 9  and all was as expected.

Microsoft made some changes in IE11 that has affected many, many sites and users. I'm seeing this a lot in the day job right now.

The best advise I can offer right now is to try the compatibility mode setting in the browser, and see if that works.

• The topic was locked