Light-O-Rama Forums

superstar while not using ccx

gc75067

going to add superstar to my current s3.  not planning on using CCx this year but of course plans can always change.. if i do not go with any CCx which "version" should i get?

Depends on how many channels you are planning and how you are planning on sequencing. If you're sequencing everything at once, you'll need the version that has at a minimum your amount of channels. On the other hand, If you sequence a prop or three at once and a couple more as a second sequence then a lower version will work. The Superstar licenses export total channels. If you will have the equivelent of 24 CC(x)s (1200 channels) you'll need, of course, the 24 license. If you'll have more you'll need the 40 CCR version.

I personally need the next one higher (hint, Hint, Brian) than the 40 version which I have now. I tried a whole display morph using the vis effects and was a little over 2k channels shy. If I remove the 2 pixel trees from the visualizer, I can export that.

Some on on another thread said that you could use say the CCR 2 and if you have like 900 channels you could just copy and paste 300 channels at a time from SS into the S3. I messaged Brian about it in youtube but have no heard back yet.

Edited by jerry72

You could export 300 channels at a time, but you would have to split your display into 3 pieces and export 300 channels at a time and then use copy/paste to combine them into one sequence. It is possible to do, but it would be very cumbersome and very difficult to coordinate the 3 pieces. For example, to do a morph across the tree would require 3 separate morphs timed just right to look like one when they all get combined. It is possible to do, but it is not the way the software was designed to be used.

So if you have 900 channels to sequence you should get the get the 8CCR license because it will export up to 1200 channels.

You could export 300 channels at a time, but you would have to split your display into 3 pieces and export 300 channels at a time and then use copy/paste to combine them into one sequence. It is possible to do, but it would be very cumbersome and very difficult to coordinate the 3 pieces. For example, to do a morph across the tree would require 3 separate morphs timed just right to look like one when they all get combined. It is possible to do, but it is not the way the software was designed to be used.

So if you have 900 channels to sequence you should get the get the 8CCR license because it will export up to 1200 channels.

I see what yer saying/ I am looking at 64 channels of just LED light strings then 900 channels from a 12 string RGB tree. I could see how copy and paste might be a pain for a mega tree like that.