Light-O-Rama Forums

Sad Day

Jeff Messer

Well over the last couple years I have used someone and paid them well to sequence for me when I have been busy at work. Paid well and always paid when asked even if the sequence was not finished. This year I was presented with a contact to sign as required of all his clients he sequences for. That just hit me the wrong way with all the 1000's I have spent on sequencing. Guess I am on my own now and keeping my head high. The client is always right and they do control the money. Maybe sequencing will become my next hobby !!! LOL..   NOT!!!!

Jeff

I am here for you Jeff.

I will gladly give you my 32 channel sequences.

How you come up with the other 3,948 channels to complete your show, well that is up to you. :)

Your show is amazing to us noobs.

Al, it was not really that bad but just the thoughts of signing something like this. Cookie and milk would not have been a problem. Heck even a truck load.. LOL

Mike,  Thanks for the kind comments and the offer of your sequences. I have a funny feeling in a short period of this your show will continue to grow.. LOL

Jeff

Jeff and all, FWIW, I "Plow" the neighbours , some for free, some pay, BUT what I live for is "Cookies" (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip) is the common payment around here.

No Contracts, just baggies of cookies, I use about a tank full of gas to plow everyone's driveways.

To add to my list, I've decided to do sequences... I can plow much faster than I can sequence (and I do a better job of plowing also) but if you need in a pinch, 64 channels is about the limit I can see on my monitor (turned sideways, looks like a sheet of legal paper).

I offer my services, however you will have to give  a heads up of about 6 months (A pinch, huh) if you want one or two.

cookies, truckload will do :) (No milk required, cattle in the 1/4 section across the road if needed).

Greg

Haha.. I am sure I will have a plan after I get all the props built and setup in LOR and xlights. Sold some controllers already and moved more of the props to rgb. The nativity Scene will be RGB this year so I can change white, blue and different colors on the wisemen robes. Five 10 foot tree's will go fully rgb but thats 13 sequences right off that  have change. The forum and groups here has never let me down and I am sure I will not let them down when needed. 

Jeff

Just use the same show year after year!

I know you are joking but that's basically what we do. I would get flogged if I hinted I was changing too much. :)

Have you considered maybe other customers were not paying? You said yourself that you were not being singled out. Contracts protect BOTH parties and I would not do a business transaction without one.

Yeah, But what about good old fashion TRUST.........Guess thats gone with the 8 track tapes........OOps showing my age.

I agree with the comments above. After doing business for 4 years there should be a trust factor some place in there. If I sign a contact and we work a deal over the phone that is not written the sign contact would win in court. Client is always right if you want their money. LOL

Jeff

I guess everybody does business differently, but I'm with Jeff on this one.  I have minimum requirements of all new clients for whom I agree to sequence.  And I hate the way this might sound but it's pretty much take it or leave it the first year, because those are there both to protect me and to insure the client gets my best work.  It's always been based on mutual trust, and I've personally never seen the need for any kind of written contract.  To me, existing clients are like gold because we both know exactly what to expect.  And while I'd argue that clients AREN'T always right, in the end they usually get what they want, and it's always based on mutual respect.

I know you are joking but that's basically what we do. I would get flogged if I hinted I was changing too much. :)

I wasn't joking! I do almost the same show every year.

I try to add something new and do improvments but it is the same for the past 3 years.

LOL @ Beat by a mile..  I am sure I will come out smelling like a Rose and get to learn a lot as I go. The show will go on and I have plenty to be thankful for here in the forum. As I am looking at my phone I know I have plenty of cell phone numbers to help along the way. LOL.. Was a great show this year and main issue was the LOR network kicking my rear end. LOL

Jeff

Paul.... LOL, look at my signature (had to) love it, 

Oh, read the fine print, J/K.

Greg

So I am part of your signature now....really don't know how to take that....

(o) (o)

\/

~~

:)

LOL @ Beat by a mile..  I am sure I will come out smelling like a Rose and get to learn a lot as I go. The show will go on and I have plenty to be thankful for here in the forum. As I am looking at my phone I know I have plenty of cell phone numbers to help along the way. LOL.. Was a great show this year and main issue was the LOR network kicking my rear end. LOL

Jeff

Jeff, I try hard.... now what was I doing ???  I forgot !

So I am part of your signature now....really don't know how to take that....

(o) (o)

\/

~~

:)

Paul... OMG I just caught the eyes !! (OK, I'm slow ).

edit: you realise that when someone replies, the eyes have red underlines in them ?? LOL, that  is what got my attention...

Greg

Edited by a31ford

• The topic was locked