Light-O-Rama Forums

Best ways to download music into the software

PBrockus

Looking to download music into the software to create music files. What is the best/easiest way to go about this? Amazon or iTunes? Thanks for any input.

I used songs from ITunes.   When I added them to my sequence the songs worked well at first then they corrupted the program.  It took me a while to figure out.  Luckily I had a song from my Halloween show that worked (it wasn’t from ITunes and this is how I figured out the issue).  I ended up re-recording the songs using a free song editor program I got from the net and then re-adding them to the sequence and they worked fine.         

I used songs from ITunes.   When I added them to my sequence the songs worked well at first then they corrupted the program.  It took me a while to figure out.  Luckily I had a song from my Halloween show that worked (it wasn’t from ITunes and this is how I figured out the issue).  I ended up re-recording the songs using a free song editor program I got from the net and then re-adding them to the sequence and they worked fine.         

To save yourself effort, and sound quality, there are freeware apps that will convert iTunes to anything you want, WAV or MP3

I have downloaded music on my phone from down load sites. No its not pirating. Songs are free then i just move them on to my computer.

If you need to convert, iTunes does have the capability for conversion in the program.  Not sure why  chandlerthedog had problems.  iTunes is the only thing I have used so far without issue.

I have downloaded music on my phone from down load sites. No its not pirating. Songs are free then i just move them on to my computer.

It is pirating unless you pay for it. Music artists don't work for free. Do you work for free?

• Like 1

The best way is to buy the CD and copy it strait to your PC with no conversion as a Wav file. This way there will be no data loss. MP3, MP4, iTunes to Wav conversions all have compression of some type and are not full bandwidth. They don't sound good.

Example:

iTunes download, MP3, file size maybe only 2,900KB

iTunes download MP3 conversion to Wav, file size 12MB

CD copy to PC no conversion Wav file size 40MB

Remember you can't get something from nothing. If the data is not there to begin with you can't convert it and get it back. 

It is pirating unless you pay for it. Music artists don't work for free. Do you work for free?

They are sights that have already payed for the music. If they were Illegal you would not be able to down load the APP. At least learn what yer talking about before trying to bust on me.

The best way is to buy the CD and copy it strait to your PC with no conversion as a Wav file. This way there will be no data loss. MP3, MP4, iTunes to Wav conversions all have compression of some type and are not full bandwidth. They don't sound good.

Example:

iTunes download, MP3, file size maybe only 2,900KB

iTunes download MP3 conversion to Wav, file size 12MB

CD copy to PC no conversion Wav file size 40MB

Remember you can't get something from nothing. If the data is not there to begin with you can't convert it and get it back. 

+1

And if you want to save a little space and have metadata embedded, try FLAC, for archival purposes, FLAC stands for Free LOSSLESS Audio Codec.

I too use iTunes as well as importing CD to iTunes to have on file. I make a WAV copy then use Audacity to convert that WAV file to MP3 128 CBR. Been doing this for over 4 years with no issue.

Its one thing to have great audio files for the music we listen to everyday and another thing to broadcast that same song over a cheap FM transmitter where we all know puts out only the highest quality sound.

Every year I have a professional PA set up out side. As well as a BW Broadcast TX5 V2 FM transmitter. So having a good quality audio source is key.

If you have a good quality source to start with then if you run it through a cheap transmitter you will be better off then if you have a poor quality source going through a cheap transmitter.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Steve Constantino

• The topic was locked