Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Video of Moody Family Christmas Display

bob_moody

Okay .. BEFORE you guys blow me up for still doing Wizards .. its a crowd favorite (still),  and since I have been doing it since 2005 I know the song front to back and back to front which made it easier to remember how to use the Vegas Video editor.

So .. here it is ... 2013 .. Wizards in Winter..

http://vimeo.com/83681914

Merry Christmas,

Bob and Sandra

My bad on the topic ..

its not our first video .. its the first one of the 2013 display ...

Sorry about the Chief... (and Chiefettes)

Nothing wrong with Wizards at all.  Just because some light geeks are tired of it doesn't make it wrong to use. ;)

And I really like how you've integrated different styles of lights.  You're display is one of the few that has RGB and still actually looks like a Christmas display and not some wannabe Vegas show.  Nice!

• Like 1

I think you did a very nice job!

Care to post anything regarding the "Merry Christmas" sign?  i.e. how you made it?

Care to post anything regarding the "Merry Christmas" sign?  i.e. how you made it?

I was thinking the same thing.

On another note, Bob, You need a Pixel Tree. Greatb display. I do remember you having power issues with the Coro Canes. Looks like you got it all squared away. Nice job.

Thank you...

The Merry Christmas sign was built using 30MM pixels (Ray Wu) on a coroplast background attached to a steel frame. Its 219 pixels (657 channels). There is some more information on the construction on our website (URL in Sig Line)

Bob

I was thinking the same thing.

On another note, Bob, You need a Pixel Tree. Greatb display. I do remember you having power issues with the Coro Canes. Looks like you got it all squared away. Nice job.

You are right Ron .. and yes .. I did finally get it working ... It was a learning experience to say the least...

Since the Cat5 was already in place from the last pixel to the exit at the bottom, I left well enough alone. I would recommend anyone else that builds these to use 18ga from the last pixel out.. for the short distance and what its carrying it might be overkill but.....

Anyway, I have plent of overhead in the powersupply, so I brought out 2 power injection taps and injected 12Vdc through a "Y" harness between cane #3 and #4 and then again between cane #6 and #7. This solved the issue ... Basically .. I injected after every 48th pixel which are the WS2811 rectangular pixels each containing 3 RGB LED's.

Thanks for the kudos ..

Bob

• The topic was locked