Light-O-Rama Forums

Now this is the way to shoot a display!

radioguy1007

This is not a private display but the Rotary Lights display in Lacrosse, Wisconsin.  The rotary there puts this on and it is free to drive through but they do ask for food or cash donations for the local food pantry's.  As to how this display was shot - now this is classy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ons1hSNNF_8&sns=em

Stunning!  Thank you for posting it.

Wonder if I can get a helicopter over my display without the neighbors complaining?

Looks like the Wisconsin one was done with a drone rather than a conventional helicopter.  landing a large helicopter near a horse drawn sleigh is a real no no.

Try a drone with a gopro on it..

It kind of work... The GoPro has too much of a wide angle lens and is not too good in handling dark environments. But - I have to say, flying the drone over the display drew more attention than the display itself.... Including hitting a parked car this year :-)

if you want to try the same as this vidio you should look at this Drone

Walkera QR X350 GPS Drone with FPV (2.4Ghz RTF Edition)

you can add a HD Camera to it and with the controler you can see where your flying. it even has the ability to come back to home all by itself

I have a good friend with a company that does drone photography and video.  He also is a professional lighting designer/programmer.  So not only could he shoot your display, he could program it with mad lighting skills.  I helped him in college in the theater as one of his lackeys climbing in the rafters, changing gels and gobos.  Here's a link to an article about his company:  http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2013/03/27/aeroxoom-opens-commercial-drone.html

• The topic was locked