Light-O-Rama Forums

will superstar do anything for me

razataz

give me your email I will send you a sequence I made with super star cut and paste into s3 sequence takes me about 3 hours to make a sequrnce

give me your email I will send you a sequence I made with super star cut and paste into s3 sequence takes me about 3 hours to make a sequrnce

Tried to pm you you can't receive any new pm

Good question. I know i am going with the Super Star myself, mostly for the fact that i sat here for over 4 hours and barely got 30 seconds of a 4 minute song done. I ma not a programmer, just a truck driver. Here is a good article on the Super Star but i would be interested in what James has to say about it as well. You got any youtube videos James?

http://www.planetchristmas.com/Magazine/November2012/index.html#/18/

no but if you got ant sequence from me since july of this year most of them are done with super star I run the mp3 in the super star instant sequence I have decovered a steup that will export to s3 then you cut and past the sub file into a new sequence I did stair way to haven the hole song it 1 hour

Oh by the way the sequence I sent have been made for 16 channel s3 setup just run then they will not work in super star have been converted already they will show what super star auto sequencer  can do there was very little adjustment made Im in the process of making a instruction write up of how I did it

I like SuperStar, I just run currently 32 channels ( upgrading to 64 this year ) I only run incan icicle lights and LED Strings for the rest. ( No CCR's ) I can do a full sequence in SuperStar in about 60 seconds, then tweak it for a few hours after that so it runs the way I want it to, Its a real Time Saver.   See ...http://www.planetchristmas.com/Magazine/November2012/index.html#/18/

If you take a look at my webpage on the video page, all sequences were created In Superstar. The mega tree to the right of the display is 64 channels and done in Superstar with the exception of Winter Palace. The mega tree and star took roughly 1-2 hours to create a 2 minute sequence. Once you get the hang of the program, it makes sequencing a breeze.

Web page is in my signature or click here: http://www.boydchristmasinlights.com/2013-videos.html

The mega tree is traditional LOR Channels

Hey Ron, first great show. So many effects that look great. Can I ask for some details on your spinner? What pixels did you use and how many per arm? Thanks

I think this is a great topic.  Everything for SuperStar on the LOR site seems to be in context of CCR.  Even the pricing is CCR based.  

But what if you are just using regular pixels.  Is there still value in the product?  

This sentence on the LOR store is confusing: If you are going to use the SuperStar Sequence Editor for the Auto Sequence feature then you  will likely be concerned with the number of channels supported. For Each  CCR unit the software will support 150 channels so the basic 2 CCR version supports 300 channels.

What if I don't use the auto sequence feature, than am I NOT concerned with the channel count supported?

I think this is a great topic.  Everything for SuperStar on the LOR site seems to be in context of CCR.  Even the pricing is CCR based.  

But what if you are just using regular pixels.  Is there still value in the product?  

This sentence on the LOR store is confusing: If you are going to use the SuperStar Sequence Editor for the Auto Sequence feature then you  will likely be concerned with the number of channels supported. For Each  CCR unit the software will support 150 channels so the basic 2 CCR version supports 300 channels.

What if I don't use the auto sequence feature, than am I NOT concerned with the channel count supported?

The 2 CCR version will only output 300 channels.

Whatever license level you have, that's how many Channels SS will export. 2CCR, 300 ch, 4CCR, 600 ch.-->40CCR, 6,000 channels. These can be LOR standard channels, CCR and single pixel RGB Strips from LOR, DMX aftermarket pixels, or any combination. As long as your display is less than or equal to your license, you can sequence it all and export it all with Superstar