Light-O-Rama Forums

The proper use of Animation Sequences

ceharger

I have been doing regular sequences for 4 or 5 yrs now, I would like to learn a bit more about LOR. I am trying to get into Pixels and Animation sequences. I have seen some and they appear to be abt the same as the regular sequences.

What is the advantage of the animation sequences over the regular other than the possibility for looping?

Also if anyone has a Transiberian or Mannheim Christmas song or a Halloween song done with archs and mega tree that contains Animation sequences I would appreciate a copy.

charles.harger@sbcglobal.net

Thanks.

An animation sequence is simply a musical sequence ... with no music. You can't have a media file attached to an animation sequence. 

If you want to have lighting effects without music, you would use animation sequences.

Animation sequences contain NO music or sound. They can loop but cannot be run as stand alone sequences if loops are used.

Musical sequences DO contain music or sound. No looping but can be used as stand alone sequences with no sound.

Stand alone sequences can be uploaded to some controller cards so that they just run when powered on.