Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I play music without controlling lights???

Kevin N

Hello there...I was wanting to play music for a couple of hours before I start my actual light show...is this possible? I'll have to have it fully automatic as I sleep in the evening. I'm sure it is simple...but I can't figure it out. (I'm figuring maybe somethink of a musical sequence show with no light control...but not sure). Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Kevin.

Kevin.

It seems that it would work if you created a musical sequence and didn't assign a controller at all to it. I did that by mistake the first time around.

-steve

Make a copy of all your musical sequences that you want to play in the two hours prior to starting the "real" show. You can simply go to the "Sequences" folder and make copies of the .lms files, or use the sequence editor and do a "Save As...".

Next, rename these copies to something like "Wizards in Winter - no lights", etc.

Next, edit the "no lights" sequences using the sequence editor. Change the channel settings for all the channels to set the "Device Type" to "(no device type selected)". Or you can do this for just one channel and delete the others.

Next, create a new show with the Show Editor. Call this show something like "no lights". Add all your "* - no lights" sequences to the "Musical" tab.

Finally, use the Schedule Editor to run this show 2 hours before the real show.