Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Ribbon vs Pixels

overeazy

I did the same as you my first year and ran my show from the mp3 controller using an SD card. I added RGB elements this year and had to run my show off a computer. I switched to a primary network and my RGB lights (12 CCB controllers) run on two separate Aux networks. The single network could not handle the sequence running all of the RGB commands at the 500k speed. I did all of my RGB programming using the Superstar software from LOR and imported into Sequence Editor to run the show. You can see the results below. The 25' 360 degree megatree in the center of the display uses all of the CCB's. Hope this helped.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9WhbQsbm55o

T17443, When you say that you switched to a primary network and my RGB lights (12 CCB controllers) run on two separate Aux networks, can you explain to me your network setup of the Primary and your aux networks all tied in to and running from your computer consist of?

Thanks.

k6ccc

I have been reading as much as I can on the RGB stuff and I have a couple of newbie questions.

I run my show with 1602Wg3MP3 controller using the SD card.  Does the E1.31change how I control/run my show?  

When I program with LOR what changes do I need to make to control/program the lights?

Thanks sorry for the basic questions. I read about everyone using these but I want to make sure I understand before I purchase.

Grinch

Sorry, I missed this question.  The 1602 will not control E1.31.  So far, anything running E1.31 requires driving it with a PC.

• The topic was locked