Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Tree effect

Jeff Messer

The was the effects that caught the eyes of many this year. I have some nices sequences on the pixel tree but this was the biggest hit. The American Flag at the start but the middle of the song is dark and near the end I have a picture come across the tree twice. This brings Joy and Tears from Many.  Enjoy...   https://vimeo.com/83113926

Jeff

Jeff the flag is an awesome effect!   How many strands are on your pixel tree?  This would be great for a 4th of July show!

omg, thats awesome, especially to the elvis medley.. you wouldn't happen to want to share that sequence would you, including the tree? i'm going to build a pixel tree like that next year.

that song alone makes me well up, but add in the american flag, i bet people clap after that song. i know i would, if i wasn't passed out from singing along. : )

The pixel tree is a 16x84 and the picture of Jesus at the end was the show stopper.. Enjoy.

Jeff

Ronald,

I used xlights and created the files and copied them into my LOR sequence. Keep in mind when resixzing the pic you can be bigger than your prop so move the image from left to right across the tree worked great with the Jesus picture.

Jeff

Thanks Sean.. I could not have pulled it off without your software.. Here's an idea for you. Have the xlights so it will resize a gif or picture to fit the model automatic. Once the model is created and you select a picture or gif it would resize to fit the model. Just a thought.

• 6 months later...

Sean or Jeff is there a setting in xlights to do that automatically?

Edited by ezimnow

Ez,

I don't know of one but I have not been keeping up with Nutcracker to much yet. I found it just as easy to take the picture into paint resize it and select pixel. Then you can import into nutcracker. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Sure I would share it with you. Just let me know the email address you wish to have it sent to. If you would like a copy of it email me at big.trafficman@gmail.com

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

I was looking into this a little more and found out that like you said Jeff, I just needed to resize the pixels in Paint. I was doing that but not reducing the jpeg enough. I tried it again at say 40x50 and that worked pretty well..

Thanks,

Ed Z

just a note, many months ago don julien added a new option to the effect pull down on the picture effect. "scaled"

this will automatically scale images to fit your tree. 

i still manually size mine using paint because i make them a little larger than my display and scroll the picture/

I will send you a copy when I get out to the shop this weekend.

Sean, That is great to hear about the scale. It was a little rough but I made it work the hard way. Teaching an old dog new tricks is always helpful. Thanks again for all your doing. Still looking for that converter.

Jeff

• The topic was locked