Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Feature Request 2

daniel

I was just reading the below post aboout Animated Lighting over at PC...

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum23/17894.html

It seems to me that AL boards have names, I think that would be a great thing to have on LORm you could name the boards where they are at...

id 1 "Under big tree in front"
id 2 "Wireframe Controller"

It seems like it could help alot...

--Daniel L

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking for, and if not, you probably already know this, but just in case:

You can assign names to channels. If you do, its name will show up on its channel button (i.e. the button all the way on the left hand side of the channel's row), instead of the default "Channel 1", "Channel 2", and so forth.

In LOR 1, you can do this by clicking on the channel's button and selecting something like "Change Channel Name" from the popup menu. Or, select "Change Channel Properties", and the channel name is an option in there.

In LOR 2 (but not LOR 1), there's also the "Channel Property Grid", which shows the various properties (like the name) of many channels simultaneously, which hopefully makes it faster to change a bunch of channels at once.

If this is not similar to what you're asking for, could you please explain it to me again?

Thanks.

I think Daniel is talking about having a unit-level name.

It might be nice, but wouldn't be my first feature request, as you usually don't even think about unit names unless assigning units/channels to sequencer rows, and you don't do that very often...

-Tim

Bob,

I was talking about a function on the hardware. This function would assign a name to the individual controllers. So each unit has its own ID, and a name. One way to look at it is, in the hardware utility, when you pull up a controller, the pull-down menu says the id & a saved text string from the controler.

--Daniel L