Light-O-Rama Forums

favorite songs

razataz

My wife and I are thinking of getting a 42 channel  light o rama just wanting to no what everyone's favourite songs are for sequencing 

I think you mean 48 channels. What you ought to do is sequence the kind of music you & your wife & your children like. Just try to keep it upbeat.

We all have different tastes in music therefore the style of sequencing is all different. That's what makes no two shows ever the same! As suggested, find the music you and your family enjoy and go for it  :)

I think you mean 48 channels. What you ought to do is sequence the kind of music you & your wife & your children like. Just try to keep it upbeat.

yes 48 channels

Agree with the others, sequence what you like, I do a few songs that others here may deplore because they either don't like the singer or just don't like the genre of the song.

But in my neighborhood they are favorites and very popular, so I keep them in the show. LOL

The one that comes to mind is: "Santa and I Know It!", which I cleaned up quite a bit to make it "family friendly".   I like it and my neighbors love it.

I use the following songs or artists music in my displays:

Halloween - Most anything by Midnight Syndicate, Ghosts, Wake the Dead, Come Little Children, Gargoyles, Bodicea Bells, Lullabye from Rosemary's Baby, Happy halloween, Trick or Treat, Shake Your Bones, The Goodtimes Goosebumps Motel by Judy Pancoast, Cool to Be a Witch 2.0 by Lord Alexian, just about most anything related to a Halloween theme.  Don't know the artists off the top of my head for a lot of the music I use, would have to look at the MP3 tag or sequence.

Christmas: Wreck the Halls, We Wish YOU Weren't Living With Us {I think both are by Bob Rivers}, Santa and I Know It!{Family friendly edit - don't know the artist}, Joy to the World, Where is Santa Claus by Judy Pancoast, Wizards in Winter/Carousels, Bells and Time/Queen of the Winter Night/Christmas Jam all by Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Those are just to name a few.

Since you're going wit h 48 channels, that's what I used for Halloween and Christmas 2013, you can go here to download my 48 channel sequences to help you get a start if you like:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7d6d47dfa1c635ae&id=7D6D47DFA1C635AE%211240#cid=7D6D47DFA1C635AE&id=7D6D47DFA1C635AE%211240

Welcome to the hobby!

Hi this was my second year and I went from 4 to 8 songs but I have to say that Christmas Sarajevo by Trans-Siberian Orchestra is still my fouvorite it has everything for a good sequence including a bit of Christmas at the start. Welcome and enjoy and be warned this is very addictive!

I really like working with some of the tecno-ish remixes of songs.  I'll find a song I like and then go on YouTube and search for that song with "remix" and you can find a lot that way.  "Mashup" is another good tag to search for too.

I love anything that gets the visitors to tap their toes and say "wow, I haven't heard that before, its great!"   Snowman Medley was the big hit this year, tons of 80's songs all packed in to 4 minutes of music. Pour Elise is good too, Part Rock Anthem, Christmas Parody version....

I love anything that gets the visitors to tap their toes and say "wow, I haven't heard that before, its great!"   Snowman Medley was the big hit this year, tons of 80's songs all packed in to 4 minutes of music. Pour Elise is good too, Part Rock Anthem, Christmas Parody version....

May have to drive down and check out yer show next year.

I will have to look those songs up haven't heard them

I used Wish Listz by TSO for the first time this year. Been wanting to use it for several years and just never made time. Now I know why...was a bit difficult to sequence. It's like Xmas music meets Metallica.

• Like 1

Orville thank you for the link to your sequence.

Glad to help when I can.  If you need anything and I've got it, just send me a PM.