Light-O-Rama Forums

What temps are safe?

brettjm

That would mean ordering new boxes & replacing the Lor boxes & then adding those heaters.....now we are talking $$$ & shipping costs to Canada. Might be worth it if folks are just buying controller cards & adding their own wires then that would be ok. Here I can get sealed ammo boxes, 1st aid boxes that would work & cost the same price but still all my controllers work fine in cold weather just like a number of Canadians said about theirs. Were talking about 2 or 3 straight weeks of minus 30c to -40 c weather before warm up (like 0c).  If nothing else Canadian winters prove that Lor controllers can handle -40 just like they say.

I use Ammo boxes to store a lot of stuff here. Can not say what it is like to get the telecommunication boxes there. Here i can just drive down to the hardware store and get them. I do not have LOR boards so I was able to just switch over for fairly cheap. Here we do not need the heaters, we barely ever get below freezing. Where i used to live we needed them. This year was nice but having the sealed boxes is very helpful if your boxes are gonna be outside. We can often get a lot of rain here.