Light-O-Rama Forums

First year, Suggestions, again be nice.

David Spangler

Looks Good for your First, CONGRATS !!

NOW,  we expect MORE for next year !! (J/K)  hook is taken, now pull, is it set ? I think so.... :)

Greg

What are you using for the color changing trees in the front?  RGB?  Super strings?

I used 2 sets of the LOR pixels, Each set is spit into two strings for two trees with the controller in between the tree on the ground. I put the controllers in some plastic Tupper ware containers for added protection. I tie wrapped each pixel to the tree branches on the wire behind the pixel so I didn't have a problem with the pixels breaking like I read on another thread.   There were easy to sequence and I didn't have to fool around with DMX like I used on the five stars and the star on the roof .Next year I may try to sequence them so I can chase up and down each tree.

• 3 weeks later...

The star on the roof is make out of 1" pvc and I used one 16' rgb ribbon with 3 channels for the star legs and one channel and 15 rgb modules for the center.  I used Gary Lipps design with a few small changes. His web site for building the star is www.holidayrgb.com 

The balls in the tree are sparkle balls. I made my with regular old rgb single color lights, if you make them with pixels you can get all the colors with a lot more expense. www.sparkleball.com is one site that shows you how to build them. They are hard to get a good picture of because they are really bright.

I thought that's what it was.  I made one last year, but didn't get around to putting it out this season.  It would have probably gotten destroyed from the weather we had this year.

• The topic was locked