Light-O-Rama Forums

Auto Sequencing

jerry72

People think we truck drivers have it easy. I lost two weeks of work because of a torn miniscus.

I know truck drivers don't have it that easy.    And it really annoys me all to hell when I see people driving their yuppie cars or any vehicle cut one off short.   People need to learn that semi's don't stop as fast as cars can.   And when I see one making a right turn, I always stay back behind the trailer if I'm making a right turn at the same intersection, I can't believe the number of buffoons that will see the sign on most rigs that says "WARNING: Wide Right Turns, Please stay clear of right side of trailer". and the drive right up alongside the trailer!    I get honked and cursed out because I refuse to move up alongside the truck making a right turn, I've even had idiots drive past me on the shoulder to the right of me, then get hit by the truck making the right turn!

I have had to testify for a few truckers on that one because the moron ended up getting their car hit, the ones I've been witness too were just damn lucky they didn't get themselves injured as well!  And of course the moron gets out of their car and starts yelling it's the truckers fault, nope, sorry mr. or ms. Moron YOU are the one at fault because you were in too much of a hurry and not paying attention to the warning sign on the trailer! 

I used to ride with a trucker in the old days, well old days for me, I'm 57 and was around 13-14 when I got my first experience riding in one with a girlfriend I went to school with, we'd ride with her father on the weekends or even travel with him during vacation times.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but people that cut off and do idiotic things around semi's or any large truck just really irk me no end.

I try and have the utmost respect for truckers and what they do, however, seems that a lot of the newer drivers today aren't as savvy as the old seasoned pro's and those are the ones making it dangerous out there for everyone on the road, as well as making the profession itself look bad today.   Just seems truck driver training the way it used to be has been tossed out the window and safety right alongside of it.

I here you I have been out of work since the 18 th of november my wife had open heart seguary the 26 of november will not go back to work in tell the 16 january I dont get paid for the time off realy sucks but have to get the wife back on here feet have sent the sequences

Hey James, maybe you need to check into AFLAC insurance.  

I was lucky enough to have that insurance offered to me through a job I worked at quite a few years back when I was still able to work, so even though I was off on a family leave, like you, I had to take off to help my wife recover from surgery, but nothing as serious as your wifes!   And they paid me while I was off, not the same as I would have gotten working, but just enough to keep us afloat for the few months I was off.   But I think you can also get it on your own.  

Probably too late now to do it, but you might want to consider looking into the AFLAC insurance if there is ever a time when you may have to do something like this again, for your wife, or even yourself.  If you both had it, you would both be paid by them while you're both off the job.  It does help.

Good Luck and we'll send your wife a lot of Healing Energies to help her recover.  We'll send some Healing Energies your way too Mr. Grunts.  Sorry to hear about your back, that sure isn't any fun.  I have back issues myself, not broken, but sometimes the pain keeps me from even getting out of bed some days or doing much of anything because the pain is so bad, but a couple of 50mg Tramadol helps some and may at least get me out of bed on those "bad" days.

I know truck drivers don't have it that easy.    And it really annoys me all to hell when I see people driving their yuppie cars or any vehicle cut one off short.   People need to learn that semi's don't stop as fast as cars can.   And when I see one making a right turn, I always stay back behind the trailer if I'm making a right turn at the same intersection, I can't believe the number of buffoons that will see the sign on most rigs that says "WARNING: Wide Right Turns, Please stay clear of right side of trailer". and the drive right up alongside the trailer!    I get honked and cursed out because I refuse to move up alongside the truck making a right turn, I've even had idiots drive past me on the shoulder to the right of me, then get hit by the truck making the right turn!

I have had to testify for a few truckers on that one because the moron ended up getting their car hit, the ones I've been witness too were just damn lucky they didn't get themselves injured as well!  And of course the moron gets out of their car and starts yelling it's the truckers fault, nope, sorry mr. or ms. Moron YOU are the one at fault because you were in too much of a hurry and not paying attention to the warning sign on the trailer! 

I used to ride with a trucker in the old days, well old days for me, I'm 57 and was around 13-14 when I got my first experience riding in one with a girlfriend I went to school with, we'd ride with her father on the weekends or even travel with him during vacation times.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but people that cut off and do idiotic things around semi's or any large truck just really irk me no end.

I try and have the utmost respect for truckers and what they do, however, seems that a lot of the newer drivers today aren't as savvy as the old seasoned pro's and those are the ones making it dangerous out there for everyone on the road, as well as making the profession itself look bad today.   Just seems truck driver training the way it used to be has been tossed out the window and safety right alongside of it.

Well i thank you for having respect for us. You would be amazed at how many people do not know that 75% of all accidents that involve a truck and a car is the passenger vehicles fault. But hey, yer not really hijacking the thread, shoulda seen the big rig running around here with a bad ass light show going on for Christmas.