Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy 2' or 3' candy canes?

jonsimp911

I want to try adding candy cane spinners for next year...  Most of the pre-lit candy canes I see for sale come in sets of 3 or 6 with one plug for the set.  Obviously, I would have to cut the wire and attach plugs to each candy cane in order to plug each cane into its own channel.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that will work because they are wired in series and the voltage would be increased to the bulbs in each cane burning them out prematurely.  So back to my main question...

Does anyone sell pre-lit 2' or 3' candy canes with individual light sets with plugs installed in each cane?  I've looked all over online, and can't seem to find anything.  Hoping to find something on sale this time a year...  How have others handled this situation?

Thanks in advance!!

-Jonathan

Thanks!  Didn't see any on Wally World's website.  Will check both today...  Just out of curiosity, what did you guys end up paying per cane?

-Jonathan

yes go to walmart. I have noticed that online all stores suck. They don't bother ever updating their Christmas items nor do they put most of it online because their inventory fluxuates so much they cant keep track. best to go directly to stores. Sucks but we are all in same boat...lol walmart near me had 3 boxes left and I think they have about 30 or more in a box.

Our Walmart was out of them when I arrived on the 26th at 9am. :( I was going to do two more spinners next year now I'm not unless they get more in... which is doubtful.

Good luck!

My local walmart in Bangor, ME had 4+ full boxes yesterday when I was there. If you want send me a PM and I can take a look tomorrow for you

Checked three different Walmarts in metro ATL...  All out :-(

Thanks for the offer, Maine Lights, but I think I'm going to get mine from American Sale online as well.  50% off right now making them $2.49 a piece (plus shipping).  Here's the link in case anyone else needs it:  http://www.americansale.com/Products/28-Lighted-RedWhite-Striped-Candy-Cane-Decoration__590211.aspx

Thanks!

I was there tonight and they still had the 4 boxes at 75% off. I picked some up, they also had tons of lights left

I have my eye on my neighbors yard.....  Plenty of canes there...... Think they'll notice the trans-location?

I picked up 30 green candy canes at $1.50 each at Walmart. They had plenty on Dec 26 but now ?? I also bought some red canes from American earlier this year. They worked great. The Walmart ones are a little fatter and bigger than the American ones (36" long vs 28"). I opted not to cut the candy canes that come in sets of 3. Also, while making candy cane spinners, plan on an even number of canes per. Gives more options for sequencing.

I can tell you were not to purchase them from but hate to violate any rules.  I purchased 4 sets of 6 from a certain company for a total of 24 at a cost of about $6.00 each cane.  Of the 24 I now have 12 still working.  Almost afraid of trying and being disappointed by anymore.  If you come across a site that sells them in groups of 6 buyer beware.

Overeazy,

Did you cut the canes apart and wire them individually?  If so, that could have been one of your problems.  That's why I bought individually wired canes so they would be spec'd at the proper voltage for each bulb.

Aside from that, $6/cane is quite a bit of money...

Nope did not cut them apart they came as individual canes.  Was lucky to pick up all replacements for next year at Walmart.  The other canes might end up in the garbage.

they had tons left at Walmart this year (belleville il area). I wonder now after seeing this post if it would be a good idea to buy a bunch of extras for people who might want them and live a bit further away.