Light-O-Rama Forums

+++ (shout OUT) for LOR Software !

a31ford

I'm going to step out on a limb here... (I do that a lot).

So Far, (Jinx) So Far, 3.9.0 has been ROCK SOLID.  everything works as it should.

ONE feature I would REALLY like to thank someone for (I would assume BOB) correct me if I'm wrong, is the "Split Timing" option in the other-click of anywhere in the sequence screen.

Many of the "Off shots" (ride cymbal, Dulcmer hits, Kabasa rolls and things like this that are not necessarily "On the beat"    (or things that do double time for a few beats) are a real PITA to time, being able to divide the timing for a beat or two is AWESOME.

Here, Here, to whoever thought of this, they HAD to have a musical background......

Greg

• Like 1

I'm going to step out on a limb here... (I do that a lot).

So Far, (Jinx) So Far, 3.9.0 has been ROCK SOLID.  everything works as it should.

ONE feature I would REALLY like to thank someone for (I would assume BOB) correct me if I'm wrong, is the "Split Timing" option in the other-click of anywhere in the sequence screen.

Many of the "Off shots" (ride cymbal, Dulcmer hits, Kabasa rolls and things like this that are not necessarily "On the beat"    (or things that do double time for a few beats) are a real PITA to time, being able to divide the timing for a beat or two is AWESOME.

Here, Here, to whoever thought of this, they HAD to have a musical background......

Greg

3.9.0 was released early in the lighting season last year as a fix to some memory leak issues found in 3.5, .6, .7 and .8. For those who are curious, it's why you see 3.5.2 - 3.8.2 for download, but not the .0 versions of those releases. The point of the history lesson is that 3.9.0 should be very good software. :)

Don't recall when split timing was introduced, but I agree it's been a very nice feature to have.

If you're using the Beat Wizard, another thing you might want to try is to use it to make more than one timing grid, each with different timings.  For example, if by default for some particular song it generates quarter note timings, you could put them into one timing grid, then make another timing grid and put eighth note timings into it by selecting a 2x faster tempo, and another timing grid with sixteenth notes by selecting 4x faster, and so on.  Then you can use the "Timings" dropdown in the main program's toolbar to switch back and forth quickly.