Light-O-Rama Forums

light went out due to .....

Trickyd

Hello light enthusiasts.

This year the lights went out completely on 16 december 2013. Why you may ask.

Simple answer, part of the display stolen, part of the display destroyed.

Lots of control cables stolen, many are cut.

Someone with knowledge of DMX took most of the dmx controls from the display, so all rgb elements are unworkable now. Also one ctbpc stolen out of 4.

This means restoring what is left, and building new in 2014.

Should I give up??  For the moment not, is my current opinion. But it takes time to heal, this I can assure you. see pictures after theft and before.

For all light enthusiast, I will be watching you to admire your displays and get inspiration from it for the 2014 show.

Have a nice and friendly Christmas all.

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

post-7676-0-23419300-1387907565_thumb.jp

That is just plain rotten.  I agree with Paul, get some video recording equipment and security camera's {there are many package deals out there} and next year video the rotten vandals, which may or may not be teenage kids, sometimes these individuals will cut and steal things, making YOU think they have knowledge, but may not know anything about it all.  Just thinking what they stole would be something they can sell easily for their drug habit.

Really sorry this happened to you, but do be prepared next year for such things by investing in a good and decent security system for your display.

I'm sorry to hear that :-(

Yeah it'll take time to heal. You'll be ok eventually. Karma always has a way of getting people what they deserve.

That sucks, I feel your pain I had one of my props stollen the first day i started my show. I even have A HD security system and you can see the punks. The police told me not much they can do sence the item was not that much. well I told the nabor hood kids if they find out anything to let me know. and let me know where they live. But I didnt have my security camera signs out that night sense the holders were jacked up i was getting new ones the next day.

next year Im adding small supprise to all my props and controlers. A small wire with a electrical charge on it. let them try to take something again. put it could put them in the hospital or let me get out to the front door. to kick there buts. OK maybe to extrem but it would be funny to see them get shocked and run off if they can.

• Like 1

That really sucks! Try to bring some joy to the neighborhood and punks mess it up. I had some lights stolen one year from my Halloween display, but I've bee lucky ever since. Once I started using LOR controllers, I keep them in my garage and run long SPT-1 cords to the lights/props. It makes for a lot of cables, but keeps my controllers safe. For the one or two controllers I have to place outside, I lock them to a tree (or heavy iron bench) via a long cable. Good luck!

• The topic was locked