Light-O-Rama Forums

Complete NEWBEE

Farmerjoe

Hey Everyone. I am totally lost right now. I understand that I can Get a LOR Board and use their software and turn different strings of lights on and off fade them and all that. My main question is when I get the FM transmitter does the LOR software run that too. How do I keep the music and the lights IN-Sync. If I sepnd 40 hours breaking down Jingle Bells and my lights work great to the tune how does the transmitter play the song at the exact time the lights start? It doesn't make sence to me unless the LOR software runs the Broadcaster too. Thanks so much for your help and patience.

I think I can help.

I have an Ramsey FM Transmitter ( http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/ ). It has two input jacks, left and right. I have a cable that plugs into the headphone jack of my pc and has a left and right jack at other end which plugs into the transmitter.

i used it for the first time this Halloween. Worked great.

Lee

In using LOR you build what are called sequences. They can either be an animation sequence with no sound or a musical sequence where you synchronize the lights to the music. LOR marries the animation to the music when you tell it which music file to use. When ever you play this sequence it will play the music file synchronized to the lights. The sound will play on your computer. To transmit the sound you hook the audio out of the computer into the input of the transmitter or to a stereo if you want to put speakers outside. Hope this clears things up a bit for you.

LOR uses the timings from the song file via Windows Media player.

The lights are literally synched to the music.

Farmerjoe wrote

My main question is when I get the FM transmitter does the LOR software run that too. .

LOR does not run the FM transmitter. The FM transmitter plays the music in time with the LOR because that is what your computer is doing.

The FM transmitter, hooked up to the computer, will broadcast all sounds in real time.