Light-O-Rama Forums

My Eyes! (feature request)

LightsByGreg

I was thinking one feature that would help tremendously in programming is having every row in the editor a different background color, kind of like the old computer paper. That way, it would be easier to track down which row you are about to add an event to.
So for example, this is a theoretical sequence editor:
channel 1 | (Grey)
channel 2 | (White)
channel 3 | (Grey)

The paper I'm thinking of:
753000NIB0342.jpg

Maybe even a menu option that could turn this feature on or off, or even set it to correspend to times vertically like so:

0.00 | 0.10 | 0.20 | 0.30 | 0.40
Grey White Grey White Grey

Don't know if you guys are adding any more features yet, but its a thought.
Greg

Giving this more thought, how about if you clicked the name of that channel in and it highlighted the row, or made the objects in that row more bold?

Kind of like Garageband. Notice the "Live Grand Piano" track is selected so it gets the green background and the actual track appears more bold than everything else:

garageband-723027.jpg

Greg

I love that idea! I'd also like to see a "cursor" on the channel names as you selected cells, sort of like what's already in the audio track. I'm constantly working hard to make sure I'm in the right row and column...

LightsByGreg wrote:

Don't know if you guys are adding any more features yet

For LOR II? Geez I hope not.

-Tim

I'd also like to see a "cursor" on the channel names as you selected cells, sort of like what's already in the audio track.

And also the actual time that the Cursor is in. I'm constantly moving my mouse up and down to see what time box I need to get to.

I guess what I'm thinking of it already does, but you have to hold the mouse there to see it. I would like it if it was next to the cursor the whole time. Also, It would be nice if this would show the effect you are about to apply, so it would be:

Channel 1, Time 5:07.25 - 5:07.30
Selected Effect: Fade up