Light-O-Rama Forums

A christmas light sale request for all the newbies...

oilmoney

So everyone on all the forums are talking about all the post xmas sales...there's a couple things I'm trying to find out in this post...

1.  What are your favorite sites in your opinion to buy lights and other stuff essential for our shows next year? Two sites i've found so far are www.holiday-light-express.com and www.creativedisplays.com

Up here in northern Canada my choices are limited to hardware stores unless I wish to drive 4 hours to the next major center ( Edmonton ) and catch the post xmas sales. Therefore I plan to make a sizeable purchase from the U.S. instead and don't want to make a poor decision and get a bunch of lights that don't meet my expectations or horribly overpay...

2. I plan to make 10-15 of the mini trees i've been seeing everyone use. What are the best type of mini lights to use on these? Which ones are dimmable? Are the M6's too small? Are the C6's too big? Once again I'm hoping to have an educated decision before I make the purchase. I was thinking of going with 4 channels per tree....  red,green,blue, and white.

3. How do you guys feel about the net lights? I have 8 small shrubs ( 1 channel each )  that I covered with a soft white light net each this year. Next year I would like to turn them into 4 ch shrubs just like the mini trees I hope to have. Is it worth it to spend the extra $$$ for the net lights or go with simply putting a couple strings of lights for each color I wish to have? I was thinking about laying all four different nets on top of one another and zip tieing them together so they are a single unit and then build some type of small frame to drape them over each shrub. We had 1ft snowfall last week and I was out there trying to shovel my shrubs out from under the snow which wasn't pleasant..

4. When is the lightorama sale normally held? I need another 5-6 controllers and more floodlights and stuff. Need more lights, need more lights.....

Don't forget that when you make purchases from the U.S shipping fees and duties almost cancel out your savings . Be prepared and check unless you have friends in the U.S you plan on visiting then get it shipped there then you can pick it up with great savings. Yes the quality and brightness of the lights from these vendors are much better than what you can find here in the great white north.

I wish they had deals on wire frames still.  Does anyone know if they still have any discount codes for regular priced items for forum users?

LOR has 2 sales. One in the Spring (have to be fast to get what you want. and summer, prices higher but they have lots.

CDI has good prices but courier charges are high.

Hey take a look at  magic in the sky   [  MITS] Jacob  very good to deal with has a sale going on now until january also you can buy by the string not by the case just what you need excellent to work with  I live in the great white east of Canada