Light-O-Rama Forums

Holidaycoro 3 channel DMX controller dumb runtime error 380

Sgt. Christmas

I'm extremely new to the light decorating and I'm really trying to catch up.  Haven't been able to play around in this area because of military obligations but now I have nothing but time.  With that said, nothing seems to be going right and it's late in the season so getting answers from anyone seems to be rather difficult.

I'm running 2 Holidaycoro DMX dumb controllers.  One started popping up with a runtime error 380 everytime I would try to use it.  I know it's something to do with the controller itself because the other controller was working just fine.....until tonight.  Now both are giving me the same runtime error 380 and I'm at a lose.

Anyone ever have this issue before?  I've looked all over the interweb and nothing which is rather odd.  I messaged Holidaycoro support earlier today but still haven't heard back from them.  I've went through the registry on my show computer but can't seem to find anything to do with these controllers in there or it's not named anything close to what they are.

They both still work fine in stand alone mode but they can't be controlled at all.  Not even a programmer or xlights.

It's not in the dongle.  It's something to do with the drivers I do believe.  For about two days one controller worked just fine while getting the error on the other controller.  It wasn't till tonight that the second one started.  I do believe it's tied into something to do with changing the speed of the preset functions on the control since that's what I was doing when the error started on the second one.  That's just my thought process anyways but how to fix anything like that is well above my head.

What is "...changing the speed of the preset functions on the control..." and where were you doing this?

http://www.holidaycoro.com/3-Channel-DMX-RGB-Controller-with-Power-over-CAT5-p/30.htm

There is 22 preset standalone functions on these controllers with individual speed control using HC's DMX programming software.  I've resorted into using the controller that was working in the standalone function trying to match the sequence and speed to the controller that started with the error problem while waiting for a reply from HC about this issue.  

Try setting it to Static Black with the slowest speed.

Then try one at a time.

Are you using the Actidongle or the Programming Cable to run your LOR show?

I've only been testing with DMX at this point to learn how it works.  It won't be till next year before I really start putting DMX into shows.  That's why I went with those controllers since they do have a standalone programming.

As for setting anything with these controllers, I can't.  The second it goes to read they pop up the error and close the program.  David from Holidaycoro got back with me and they are sending over 2 replacement controllers and I'm sending back these two so they can see what went wrong.  Either I'm really good at screwing up these things or something abnormal happened it appears.  I'm leaning towards the I'm really good at screwing these things up personally but I guess we'll find out.

I do believe he's on here as well so maybe he can update this thread when he finds out what I've done and how to fix it for other noobs like myself that do these things.

Travis

Are you getting the error code when you are trying to change the controllers start channel or its pre set sequence? I myself have had several issues with the programming cable and have gitten ro the point that I dont trust the HolidayCoro cable . I have had 3 of them replaced. And no matter what computer i use they keep failing. So now i have 20 3 channel coontrollers that I cant change the channel on.

It happens the second I open HC's programming program and search for the controller.  When it finds the controller, the error pops up.  Once you click OK on that, the entire program shuts down.  If you reopen it, it does the same every time.  It's controller based because I had one working while the other getting the error for about a day.  Then just out of the blue when I changed the preset sequence speed to 35 to try and get the working controller at least timed with the nonworking controller in it's sequence, the good controller started giving me the same error as the broken on.

I'm thinking it's a programming issue in the firmware of the controllers myself.  Something to do with the speed changing of the presets but HC is supposed to let me know.  David from HC has sent me 2 new controllers to replace these two and I'm sending these two back so they can tear into them and see what's the issue and get back with me.  When they do, I'll update this thread so that folks in the future having this same issue will know what's going on.  It does appear to be a first from the sound of things.